Need info about a channel located on PAS 3R at 43.1°W

tico01

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I am interested in TELETICA, this channel is located on PAS 3R at 43.1 W. TP9 3980V. I checked lyngsat.com and it appears to be "open" but I am not sure if it is on C band only or on KU Band too ( I am very new to this :( ), can anybody tell me what is the case. I tried to get it with a FTA receiver (COSHIP 6600 CI) and a small KU band dish ( used to be a direct tv dish) and I was not even able to find the satellite, can anybody help me with this, I have a 9 foot dish but I am using that one for a channel located on intelsat 805 at 55W and I do not have a motor nor I know if a motor will do it and where to get it or what else is needed. Thank you guys!

George
Tampa Bay, FL

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
yes the channel is indeed on c Band however your 9 ft normally 10 ft? dish should be able to recieve it in Florida proving you have line of sight veiw to the signal.

regards

Old satellite

tico01

Reaction score
DO you know if I would be able to get the signal with a 1 meter dish??? I have the big 9 (or 10) footer but it does not have a motor and I have it set up for Intelsat 805, so basically I do not want to install another dish that big.

Thanks

JR

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
no a 1.0 mtr dish would not be suitable as the signal is not the most powerful at your location. in addition this is a c Band signal and requires a c band feed and lnb as per your larger dish.

I assume currnetly that your smaller 1.0 mtr dish is working on Ku Band.

best way would be to add a motor to your C band dish etc so that you can move between the satellites that you would like to recieve.

regards

Old Satellite

tico01

Reaction score
OK I added a motor now but I cannot find the satellite, somebody told me that I have to tune up my dish but because I am actually facing west not everybody know how to do so, so in the mean time I am stuck, I got all the tools needed and I am able to find some satellites but I do not know which ones so I do not know if I am close or not, if you can help me with any info on how to do this properly, it would be greatly appreciated. I put the intelsat 805 on memory so I can always go back to it.

JR

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If you have uninstalled/reinstalled your dish on a motor, then you will have to go back to first principals and re-allign your dish from scratch. Before you start, you should be completely happy that your mounting pole is EXACTLY vertical in both planes. Then have a read of the dish-setup FAQs here. Between that and Lyngsat.com, you should be able to setup on a 'due south' satellite and know which one it is.

If you are only after 55W and 43.1W then your arc will only be small, and any alignment errors you introduce, you might get away with. Large sweeps will tend to magnify any inaccuracies.

Let us know how you get on.

tico01

Reaction score
Thanks you BGonnaSTICK,

Basically I was able to find the channel but I have to switch from one satellite to the other manually. Intelsat 805 is an elevation of 46 degrees and the PAS 3r is at 36, but this dish used to be for the east arc and when I move it from intelsat towards the PAS 3R instead of going down ( needs to go down from 46 to 36 degrees elevation) it goes up, SO I guess I will have to change the motor to the other side but that means I have to take the dish down and change a few things around right???

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jorge

tico01

Reaction score
I have few problems and I was wondering if anybody would be kind enough to help me. Well my biggest problem is that the dish I got (perfect 10) was setup for the west arc and I am trying to use it facing east. Basically I am interested in two channels one it at INTELSAT 805 and the other one is on PAS 3R, I am able to see both but I have to manually move the dish, then I let a box that I just got pint to one, then I go up on a ladder and change the polarity from vertical to horizontal because they use different polarity. The two receivers I have are a BEC and a TOPFIELD. These two channels are on C-band. When I move the dish to the east it goes up and I need for it to go down because Intelsat 805 is at an elevation of 45 degrees and the pas 3r is at 35 to the east. What do I need to do to change this, move the dish around and change the motor to the other side???? Also how can I change the polarity without constantly going up the ladder to change it manually??? I have some sort of electrical motor with two wires that changes it but I do not have a place to plug it, I have the two basic receivers and the other box that I user to move the actuator, please help!
The two channels are:
The one on Intelsat @ 55.0 W is Channel 6 (horizontal)
The one on PAS 3R @ 43.3 W is TELETICA (vertical)

Thanks guys

George
Tampa Bay Florida

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
a couple of photos of your system would help, what type of motor have you fitted? A motor should sweep an arc and the arc should reach its zenith on your due South satellite/reference point, if it isn't set up like this, then you will always have problems.

tico01

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I am posting a few pics of the equipment that I have, thanks again. This is the satellite selector that I have:

Also this picture shows the dish, in the picture it is facing southeast, if I move it to the easy it goes up and I need it to go down

Here you can see the motor, I have the back cover with a plastic bag because I need to by longer wires once I am able to get the dish synchronized with the ARC

My understanding is that I have to move some of this and place it backwards, I have an idea but I need to re-confirm ( please see picture)

This is the back of the satellite finder ( Uniden) I do not know if by running a wire from the part that moves the polarity to the back (where?) of the sat finder it would move it automatically, here is the pic:

This is the piece that changes the polarity, I do not know if this part is in good condition, I have not tested yet because I don't have a place to run the wires to ( and I am not sure if the sat finder has a place to run the wires to).

This is the place in the feed horn where that piece goes, I have to go up every time and manually move it

sat8.JPG

This is the back of the BEC 6600+ which is one of the receivers that I have, as you can see I do not have a place to connect the wires that comes from the piece that changes the polarity

ONE LAST THING:

Do you think the item listed on this ebay auction would work with the dish I have ( Perfect 10), my undestanding is that this part does change the polarity using the electricity from the coaxial cable so I won't have to climb up the ladder to change the polarity everytime???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32848&item=5733502571&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thank you guys, anything you can do to help me it would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

George

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may need to wait until the big dish boys log on, not many members have experience on these actuators.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Well its rusty , and its missing parts

You will need to obtain a back cover for the motor as very soon the water will run down the arm into the electrics.

Additionally the polarotor really needs to have its servo motor sourced from somewhere, if the one you have does not rotate.
In any case the mechanical operation of this unit requires a pulse drive, which may or may not be available from the selector you have (the remainder of the back panel is missing from the photo)

The alternative would be to swop out the feed and LNB for a switchable unit relying on the 13/18V from the digital receiver, OR obtain a analogue receiver with polariser control and intall this on the loopthrough circuit on the BEC digital box.

As for the reception charagteristics, the photo of the dish surface gives no indication of what you might get when its all wired up.

tico01

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in trouble, Teletica decided to encryp the channel since they are feeding some of their programs to Centroamerica TV. They are using Power Vu encryption, is there anyway I can get something to open it?? Like a Card?? etc etc please help!

thanks

Tico

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
tico01 said:
Hi guys,

I am in trouble, Teletica decided to encryp the channel since they are feeding some of their programs to Centroamerica TV. They are using Power Vu encryption, is there anyway I can get something to open it?? Like a Card?? etc etc please help!

thanks

Tico

No chance whatsoever - PowerVu is as secure as they get. Learn to live without it.