Need info for Factory Reset

charcamil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong SRT 4400
My Location
Malta
Need to make a factory reset for my Strong SRT4400 but cannot manage to find this funtion. Can anybody guide me how to do it as I forgot PIN and everything I try, I keeps requesting the PIN.
Thanks.:-rofl2

charcamil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong SRT 4400
My Location
Malta
Thanks Jeff, but already tried that. Usually, Strong uses the 1111 as factory PIN. On manual it says that if you forget PIN make a factory reset (obviosly you loose everthing) but it don`t mention how to do it.
Bye and thanks the same.

J

Jeff_19341

Hi
Have you tried this?
Click on menu on the remote.
Use up/down keys until you highlight "Installation" click on enter.
Use up/down keys to highlight "Factory Set" click on enter.
Then follow the on screen instructions from there.

charcamil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong SRT 4400
My Location
Malta
Thanks Jeff for your help. Till now when I click enter on "Installation" it requests the PIN. I will keep on trying and keep you informed if I manage to.
Bye

J

Jeff_19341

Very frustrating for you, have you tried an email to Strong outlining your problem? They might have a solution, as I am sure that you are not the only one who has forgotten their PIN.
I know that it does not help, but I have never changed the factory set PIN on any of my receivers. Too many numbers to try and remember nowadays. Best wishes with your continued search for a solution.

charcamil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong SRT 4400
My Location
Malta
:( Thanks Jeff for your help. Unfortunatly I have to quit and drop the reciever to my agent maybe he can do something. Tried everything and from Strong support, all I got were PIN numbers which did not work either. Anyway maybe if someday I manage to unlock it, I will give the instructions on this forum.
Bye Charles.