My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
ok ive decided to make the jump to a motorized system as my neighbour said he will help me install it :p.

Anyhoo, i want to pickup astra2/astra1/hotbird/sirius/thor/eutelsat/astra3 and if i can pickup more thats leet, i live in central england, would a 80~cm dish do the job? or i need a 1m?.

Also, can someone recommend a nice wallbracket+motor+dish. That isnt tooo expensive.

Thanks

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
1mtr is best if you can afford / get away with one as inevitably you will want something you just can't quite get with your 80 . But if you are forced then a good 80 will be ok. Have a look around see what you like and narrow it down, then have a chat about the couple you like the look of.

Depending on location dish size and what you want to drive it with anything from a cheap DiSEqC £40 to the dual axis Jaeger £180. Depends on what you call cheap as your the one with all the DB's after all :D

Worry about the mounting when you have decided what you are getting and you have made up your mind where it's going to live.

L.:)

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
You will have no proplem with 80 cms as I live in Dublin [Much further West than you] and have no proplem with a dish that size and get all the Sats you listed plus lots more. Best of luck with your choice.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
ok i think im gonna go for the 80 odd cm triax solid dish, however i want a motor i can use with DiSEqC so i can turn the dish with my dreambox, and what bracket will i need?

gimme costs :p

p.s. for the last time the dreamboxes were free ;p

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
These are not the worst in the world
_http://search.ebay.co.uk/sg2100a_Consumer-Electronics_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR4QQsaatcZQ2d1QQsacatZ293QQsalicZ3

Had some good opinion on here in the past.

1 set of sturdy T & K brackets 3 feet of scaffold pole, a couple of U bolts and some Rawl bolts for the wall.
That'll probably do it.

Treat your LNB to some new CT100 while your up there and you'll be all set for the winter.

L.:)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
I got my TK bracket from Maplin for around £16 if I remember correctly.
Just checked and they have a 10" at £9.99 and a 16" at £12.99 check the dish can rotate without hitting the wall before you choose the size you want.

I used a aluminium pole from B&Q (lighter that scaffolding). Had to cut it as the shortest was about six feet! Think it was expensive at £12.

The U bolts that come with the Maplin bracket are not large enough for scaffolding.

When mounting it on the wall I used a few washers behind some of the bolts to get the mount perfectly vertical (a very important part of the set up).

Bought the motor 'brand new' off a German dealer on ebay for about £40 inc P&P

Hope this helps - GB

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
Well my neighbour who is installing it with me, had to fit a wider bracket as he couldnt turn to 28.2 which is i fear the same as me as his house is in line with mine sorta.

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
I bought a Moteck SG on E-Bay for 35 Pounds Plus p+p Got it in 2 days[ E-Bay Seller fire2wire] Great motor and a dream to put up and set up. You would be advised to get the brackets local they are hevey to send through post. Make sure brackets are sturdy these motors are heavy. Having said that, you should manage it by not rushing and making sure everything is solid from the start. Good luck.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yep, the SG is good value for money...

popovp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My system:Receiver-Ferguson Ariva 102E HD, Sky Sat 9900FTA+emu;Ferguson FX-6600CR/OCTAGON SF318 soft;LNB-Sky Sat, universal, 0,2dB;1.17x1.06m offset dish ;Diseqc 1,2 +USALS Moteck2100A motor; 1,2m parabola+0,3dB Inverto @ H-H Strong SRT DM 2100
My Location
Varna, Bulgaria
I've no problems with Moteck SG 2100A.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
D4ftpunk said:
Anyhoo, i want to pickup astra2/astra1/hotbird/sirius/thor/eutelsat/astra3 and if i can pickup more thats leet, i live in central england

you could add hispasat to your list... cts

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I also use a Motek SG2100 from Ebay. I used a bracket from Screwfix for about £6 and used an old piece of 30mm steel pipe for the pole.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
closetosoton said:
you could add hispasat to your list... cts
Some footie popping up on 42e skyturk, maybe there is more to come ??
You should be able to get 42e to 30w without any problems. Althought some on 1w might need a 88cm dish,if they come back to us.