wilf

Reaction score
Website
www.webringnetworks.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-8100CI, 80cm Dish
My Location
Somerset, UK
I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.
She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?

I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my g/f. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.

I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my Astra rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

:p
w

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Wilf
quit worrying about your girlfriend and you wont find any more rust,it (she) wont wear out.what you dont know wont hurt you (much) maybe a three way or more is in order here and it would save telephone charges.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Once this sort of thing happens you can never patch it up.

You'll never be sure that it won't happen again.

Just be comforted that in past years when things were better.

I know how you feel, I was devistated when it happened to me, I did get eleven wonderful years out of her before it happened.

You need professional help now this is not something you can tackle yourself.

Oh, and by the way, you should dump the girlfriend - who needs them (unless the bloke she's messing with works in a body shop!)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
You need a second opinion, mate. Maybe you have a friend who has a bit of experience, let him have a spin on her before deciding what to do. Maybe you were doing something wrong? Might look cheap, but you might find there is still a bit of useful life in the old gal. She wasn't kept right, wasn't she? Not sure it can be sorted, but remember that if you leave it like this it will get worse for sure. Maybe your mate can do a bit of grinding and rubbing, a bit of beating, give her a new coat and a set of shoes and she'll be as good again.
Regarding the Astra, dump that that piece of crap and get yourself any other car.

(trust me, I had two Astras.......)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ditch the Astra, the other half and buy a kit-car with a fibreglass shell

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, sitting here early on a wet Sunday morning laughing, nice one Wilf. :D :D