Need some help...

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Metre Dish, Diseqc 1.2 Motorized H-H Motor, technomate 1500 CI+
My Location
UK
Hi, just wanted some advice, so far I have set up my system. I did it by using the postion of my sly dish as a guide. I can get astra 28 e. I can get channel 126 which is ibuy tv , which is quite clear but not bbc etc. I had my motor set at 13 e as I was trying to get hotbird but ended up getting astra 28. So if i took away 13 from 28 would that give me my true south postion?. I was also wondering what i should do to align the dish?. should i move the dish via the motor manually or via the receiver?. Should i try getting all the fta channels on astra 28 before moving on etc? I have atached some pitures of my setup and view of dish. Any advice would be helpful.
Thought i would get some advice before i move on as this is a major break through for me.
Thanks for any info.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

NiPsTeR

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m diseq motorised dish with a technomate1500ci+
My Location
UK
best advice i can give as i done my first installation this weekend is - find thor (1.0w) if you take a look around at neighbours sky dishes your heading for about 30 degress to the right of the lnb (if your behind the dish) once you get a good signal on thor - fingers crossed all other satellites fall into place without much messing around.

good luck.

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Managed to get thor west. Got a few others sirus, eutel and some at west too. The one i cannot get and want is hotbird when i move the dish too 13 e I get the quality jumping to around the 20 mark but thats it. is it a case of the angle of the dish to get this?. Do i ave too move it.
The way i set it was .. I managed to get astra 19. so i moved the motor 19 degrees west. And thought of this as my true south postion. And looked at where the dish was pointing. So I loosened the motor and pointed at that postion. tightenhed the motor moved it, 1 degrees west and managed too get thor.
the other thing is i brought a patched receiver how can I test it too find out it is patched?
Thanks for the help everyone.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry chinna, but can't really make out what you have done, or even why you are choosing to do it that way. The best and most reliable way of setting up the motor is as set out in the sticky and numerous other threads. Zero the motor and find 1W by moving the motor mount on the mast and the dish elevation, once you've done that you will have a pretty good arc. If you fiddle around with strange and convoluted methods, it will take you ages and people won't be able to understand what you are doing.

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
What i was on about earlier was how I found south from my location.
I set the motor up from what everyone on the board recommend and the sticky.
I can get quite a few sats but can not get hotbird. Do i need to go to 13e and adjust the dish elevation?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, have you got USALS set up, or are you moving the dish manually? If you have found 1W and have the elevation/lattitude setting correct on the motor body, you should be able to move it manually around using East/West buttons, make sure that you have a valid transponder listed for 13E as well. :)

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
No don't have usals. Just a motor when i move it to 13e the quality starts to move but does not go to the correct level. I wil try moving the dish elevation around 13 e. On the weekend.

alterego

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky panasonic, Silvercrest SL65, Skystar USB, Sky ZOne 2 dish on a Moteck SG2100A
My Location
North West England
The best method I found was from the stickies. First calculate the real azimuth of 1W from your location. ( I used the excellent free prog from http://www.al-soft.com/saa/satinfo.shtml, For me it's 2.86E). Zero the motor once you have the pole vertical, then drive the motor from the receiver to move the dish to this calculated angle. Then move the dish motor on the mast without changing the motor setting till you find Thor, using the BBC World Transponder. Maximise the signal, clamp it all up, and you're away. All the others then slotted in fine, though the signal strength on the Western ones went up when I replaced the old Sky LNB with one set to zero skew.