Neighbors sky dish on my wall: Leasehold

lanni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD
Samsung laptop/Ubuntu
My Location
SW London
I own the top flat of a terraced house conversion. The tennants below have recently mounted a sky dish directly onto the wall outside my reception room, partially blocking my view.
I know this question has been asked in the past re freehold properties but as this is leashold do I have the rights to stop people installing devices on the wall outside my flat or is this only the domain of the freeholder?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome here,

Firstly, the dish should not be sited where blocking or obstructing a window view.
Also, tennants need permission for mounting dishes to walls.

SM :)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Not very kind to do this, ask him to remove it !!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Is this the only sky dish in this house? What I don't understand why people don't share the dished, get a multi lnb and problem solved.

But, as much as I got sympathy for a dish, from a moral point of view, and courtesy, it should not really obstruct your view and they could at least have asked you...

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
lanni said:
I own the top flat of a terraced house conversion. The tennants below have recently mounted a sky dish directly onto the wall outside my reception room, partially blocking my view.
I know this question has been asked in the past re freehold properties but as this is leashold do I have the rights to stop people installing devices on the wall outside my flat or is this only the domain of the freeholder?
if you own the top half of the building and they have mounted the dish on your property you have the right to tell them to shift it of your property and make right the damage they have done drilling in to your brickwork

whether it be freehold or leasehold at this moment in time you own it

me ide disconect there coax and conect my own coax up to the dish and when they complane just tell them that the dish is on your property not theres and you thought that it was just someone being nice to you and giving you an early xmass pressy

lanni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD
Samsung laptop/Ubuntu
My Location
SW London
Thanks all. I thought that was the case. Just wasn't sure if there was some 100 year old law with some caveat.
I've spoken with the owner of the flat downstairs who is going to give the tennants a rev and sort it out.
Thanks again