Neotion501 & K-box

Antena Este 4 LNBS
Astra 2A, Astra 19 E, Hotbird 13E, Eutel 16 E, Sirius, Badr

Antena Oeste 3 LNBS
Intel 901
My Location
Portugal
hi!

I am completely new to this thing of satellite receiving but plan one day to buy!

Is it possible to subscribe any internet service from arouind the world to get net by satellite ? How does this work, is just download or is down/upload too?

Is the info on the net received by packages of info, that i cannot select or is like net by wire....we choose what we want to see?

Thanks !!!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
madafakapc said:
hi!

I am completely new to this thing of satellite receiving but plan one day to buy!

Is it possible to subscribe any internet service from arouind the world to get net by satellite ? How does this work, is just download or is down/upload too?

Is the info on the net received by packages of info, that i cannot select or is like net by wire....we choose what we want to see?

Thanks !!!!

You choose a provider that transmits off a satellite visible in your location - theres a dozen or so in Europe. Most systems are download only, and you use the phone line on the upstream side.

You can get 2 way access, but its horribly expensive. :D (100's of ££ a month last figures I saw).

It operates like normal wired access.

raphking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USER
My Location
Nigeria
do u know any company that can offer internet direct from satellite without dial up connection

raphking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USER
My Location
Nigeria
am not in nigeria right now, i'm in libya north africa close to malta and italy

raphking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USER
My Location
Nigeria
Analoguesat pls let me know if u have yahoo massenger id, we have a lot to talk about.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sorry, dont use messenger programmes.

Taki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA RECIVER
WINDOWS 2000 PRO
My Location
USA
Analoguesat said:
You choose a provider that transmits off a satellite visible in your location - theres a dozen or so in Europe. Most systems are download only, and you use the phone line on the upstream side.

You can get 2 way access, but its horribly expensive. :D (100's of ££ a month last figures I saw).

It operates like normal wired access.

Hallo This is Taki

How much your existing equipment cost??

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
For 2way satellite internet calculate about 100-120 euros a month for a 256/128 Flatrate. The Problem is NOT the monthly charge (you can pay a bit more and then get 3times the speed and share with 3 people, it gets resonable) but the equipement cost. The v-Sat Terminal and sat-modem/router will cost between 3500 and 5000 Euros PLUS installation (you are not allowed to do that yourself) of about 500 Euros.
You also need a licence of your state or goverment for sending a signal to the satellite since you are effectevely operating a microwave transmitter, normally with more then 1 watt power.
All this only pays, if you really have no access to ANY phone/mobile phone network AND need it as a permanent Internet Access. For temporary access the inmarsat internetservice is much more convinient. it is charging for data send and recieved,not for online time (like gprs/UMTS mobile service) comes in a convinient suitcase and is not requiering any permissions from any country. It operates worldwide (bad coverage on the north and south pole) and needs no phoneline what so ever. The charge is higher then on the stationary system, but you need no installation, you can carry it (5kg vs 130kg) and operate it wherever you can see the sky.
Greetings
Chris