My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s 1.2m motorised dish.

8mb Adsl 2 internet connection.

P4 3.4 cpu
550gb sata drives
1gb memory
actiontec dsl gateway
Hi Guys im a newbie here....

This is my first post and it`s already a question.

I had my dreambox all set up and all has been well for the past few years then i went and changed internet service providers, who sent me a Actiontec dsl gateway and then i find out i no longer have a static ip address.

in the past its been dead easy to network the dbox but it`s taken me all day and i`m still no closer to doing it, if i type the dreambox`s ip addie in explorer i get the dreambox page epg overview etc but i can`t connect the dbox to the net.

My set up.. dm7000s , actiontec 701 adsl gateway and no static ip address
The actiontec is used for my 8mb net connection and the dreambox is connected to my pc via a crossover cable(and want to keep it that way if at all possible) the image on my dbox is the latest gemini etc

Any help is much appreciated i am not familar with this gateway etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I can see, you would need to put the IP of your PC into the Dreambox as Gateway and use connection sharing on your PC, is there no way to connect direct to your Actiontec unit, would make life a lot easier.

What do you mean by static IP, do you mean that the gateway is allocating a different ip to your computer every time? You should be able to set up your
pc with its own ip in network connections.

Wombatter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S with 160GBHdd, 128MB USB, PLi Image.

SkyStar2 PCI Rev 2.6D, 1GB, XP Pro, AltDVB 2.1.
My Location
London, UK
Xbon said:
Hi Guys im a newbie here....

This is my first post and it`s already a question.

I had my dreambox all set up and all has been well for the past few years then i went and changed internet service providers, who sent me a Actiontec dsl gateway and then i find out i no longer have a static ip address.

in the past its been dead easy to network the dbox but it`s taken me all day and i`m still no closer to doing it, if i type the dreambox`s ip addie in explorer i get the dreambox page epg overview etc but i can`t connect the dbox to the net.

My set up.. dm7000s , actiontec 701 adsl gateway and no static ip address
The actiontec is used for my 8mb net connection and the dreambox is connected to my pc via a crossover cable(and want to keep it that way if at all possible) the image on my dbox is the latest gemini etc

Any help is much appreciated i am not familar with this gateway etc.

Hi XBon,

I have UKO 8Mbit as well with the same router.

If you want to access the inet from the dreambox or just to d/l the updates in the image, set the I.P of the dreambox to 192.168.0.100 and the gateway I.P as 192.168.0.1 (Actiontec default).

For accessing the dreambox from the internet via another PC, just set the 192.168.0.100 (dreambox I.P) as DMZ in the router, or is your really worried about security, foward ports 21-23(tcp), 80(tcp), 31171-31179(udp).

Then you would need to setup a Dynamic Name to access (www.dyndns.org is easiest), this will allow http://xbon.homeip.net = dreambox webpage for e.g

I hope this helps?

Womb.

el cid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat/arabsat/hotbird/mcsa/Dreambox 500S
My Location
Middle East & Sothern Spain
I'm very new to the Dreambox (500S), trying to get it networked but it doesn't talk to the internet. I have checked the LAN cable & all is well, can anyone suggest a fix?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
el cid said:
I'm very new to the Dreambox (500S), trying to get it networked but it doesn't talk to the internet. I have checked the LAN cable & all is well, can anyone suggest a fix?
Read the Idiots Guide start here :D