Never got into bittorrents

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I am not sure how long bittorrents have been around but I would say a fair while, and they're even more popular with broadband users.

Despite being into dvd, video, satellites, tv, radio, Internet streaming, I have never been able to get to grips with bittorrents.

Never been able to make them play, dowload them properly - never mind put them to cd or dvd.

Even now with a brand new laptop, and windows vista, they still don't work, and take around 10 hours to download a single file. I cannot be harsed. :D

I chuckle when I hear people talking about bittorrents as if their downloading, playback, and transference is simple. Never ever worked for me. LOL. :D

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Which ISP do you use?

Most ISP's throttle traffic which is why it's taking 10hours to download something. Some things take awhile others can be down in minutes.

Azureus is the program to use for bittorrents, couple with a router a decent isp and nothing short of unlimited bandwidth and giganews would beat it tbh.

I once downloaded 600Gb in 1 month from giganews. Ah the joys of 23Gb HD movie ts files.

Rgds

PJ

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I use Virgin broadband running at 8mg.

But it's not that, it's the playback. The files never seem to playback and they always clutter up the pc. I wish I could use them but they're so much bother from my experience. I have downloaded several bittorrent programs and visited many popular bittorrent web sites.

It's just an area I can never seem to get into. And yes it is frustrating to hear people say they regular use bittorrents. For me, honestly, it's an area which just has never worked, despite a vast increase in broadband speed and technology. I cannot give you an explanation. :)

Thanks for the reply though. :)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Ok, thanks. ;)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I HAVE SUCCESS. :D

I decided on Tuesday to get down to brass tacks. I spent two hours studying this thing with total concentration. And it finally works. :D I use an Azureus client which works very well. Downloads for a full movie usually take between an hour and six hours.

All fine now. :D Hey, they're great when you finally get them to work. :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Saturlight said:
I HAVE SUCCESS. :D

I decided on Tuesday to get down to brass tacks. I spent two hours studying this thing with total concentration. And it finally works. :D I use an Azureus client which works very well. Downloads for a full movie usually take between an hour and six hours.

All fine now. :D Hey, they're great when you finally get them to work. :D

Personally I use the original BitTorrent, works very nicely, but Norton A/V hates it!!! Anyway, I've got quite a lot through B/T, including SimCity3000 (my favourite version!!!) and a few audio CDs, not tried movies or DVDs yet as I haven't got the heard drive space at the moment!!! :D

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Grats, Azureus is a top notice client, although it chews memory if you leave it on 24x7. So close it down once in a while.

_www.mininova.org
_www.isohunt.com

2 Great links that'll help you on your way to find anything.

Rgds

PJ

peppey

Reaction score
probably need tunebite from www.tunebite.com to remove the protection.

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Oh and don't forget to download the safepeer plugin for Azureus either else you get nasty emails / letters from your ISP.

Rgds

PJ

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Movies usually download at 699mb. They can be converted to DVD quality, making them around 1.7 GB. :eek:

The quality is very good. The 699mb movies can be trimmed a bit to fit a video CD. Yes, I'm an expert now. ;) Thanks for all your help and advice. :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Saturlight said:
Movies usually download at 699mb. They can be converted to DVD quality, making them around 1.7 GB. :eek:

The quality is very good. The 699mb movies can be trimmed a bit to fit a video CD. Yes, I'm an expert now. ;) Thanks for all your help and advice. :D

Well done, now go pay for the movies.... :D

(just kidding... ;) )

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Pay? I pay with devotion every time I admire the stars on my telly. :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
PJ02 said:
Grats, Azureus is a top notice client

I tried downloading the Azureus last week, but it kept on freezing once I was prompted to add a 'Java enhancement'.

Any ideas ?

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Channel Hopper said:
I tried downloading the Azureus last week, but it kept on freezing once I was prompted to add a 'Java enhancement'.

Any ideas ?

I had the same problem.. its just too memory intensive..

so i deleted and went back to BitLord.

For my files i use TorrentSpy and ThePirateBay.

If i need to download allot ill go over to Usenext cost money but it doesnt half make use of the 20mb Cable line.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm using the original BitTorrent software, no spyware, no adware and is just a simple interface, so simple infact that even an american president can use it... :D