aavato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 Ft (1Mt) Dish
Starcom SR-X15D MKII
Software Ver 7.00
My Location
Irak
There is so much information and I have little understanding of the FTA world I really dont know where to start. Let me start off first with some of equipment I have and Location and perhaps I can be guideded to the proper thread.

I have a Starcom SR-X150D MK II with Hardware version 7.00 software version 12.82. I have a motorized dish and I am locked on Nilesat 101, Sirius 2/3, Hotbird, Ku-Arabsat 2A/3A and Turksat 1C.

I am currently in Northern Iraq.

First I have no Idea what Thread I should be focusing on to get details on my system and how to improve lets say channels etc. I read the rules and did searches but I get different threads.

I would appreciate any and all help or guidance to point me in the right direction. Thank You

Vato

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
aavato said:
There is so much information and I have little understanding of the FTA world I really dont know where to start. Let me start off first with some of equipment I have and Location and perhaps I can be guideded to the proper thread.

I have a Starcom SR-X150D MK II with Hardware version 7.00 software version 12.82. I have a motorized dish and I am locked on Nilesat 101, Sirius 2/3, Hotbird, Ku-Arabsat 2A/3A and Turksat 1C.

I am currently in Northern Iraq.

First I have no Idea what Thread I should be focusing on to get details on my system and how to improve lets say channels etc. I read the rules and did searches but I get different threads.

I would appreciate any and all help or guidance to point me in the right direction. Thank You

Vato

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what kind of information you are after.
Can you receive channels from all the satellites that were mentioned ?
Is your receiver FTA only or does it have a CI or embedded CAM ?
If it is truly FTA, then you won't get far with it. You should aim to the encrypted world, not the FTA world.
If you are after the over 18 or the sports channels, then FTA won't help you much.

I suggest that you attach the receiver manual (in pdf) so that we can have a look at it's specs.
Start by going over the channels lists AND packages for all the satellites that you have from Lyngsat. This should give you a good idea what is there in the sky.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
HB13DISH said:
If it is truly FTA, then you won't get far with it. You should aim to the encrypted world, not the FTA world.
If you are after the over 18 or the sports channels, then FTA won't help you much.

Be aware that FTA means completely the opposite in some countries, whilst we refer to Free To Air as meaning channels transmitted unencrypted. Elsewhere FTA refers to a patched receiver which makes encrypted channels decrypt

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not convinced that you will get a European patch for that receiver, this is what I was referring to in another post, much of the equipment and terminology is incompatible between North America and Europe.

I would guess that Hotbird would be the best satellite to work on, but a CAM like a Diablo or T Rex may be required.

aavato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 Ft (1Mt) Dish
Starcom SR-X15D MKII
Software Ver 7.00
My Location
Irak
Ok, I will look at getting more information. To answer a few of the questions yes I do get channels on all the satellites, I have roughly over 300 mostly arab many french, german, Italian and russian, I wish more spanish since I am from Mexico and understand spanish, plus the two hustlers (18+), the guys here just said they need I assume are the keys, there is a menu on the box with blank spaces next to viaccess, nagravision, irdeto/betacrypt etc. They said if they had those, which look like hexadecimal script we could get more channels. I a few years back played alot with DTV and that is the limit of my satellite testing. I thought since I was here and this is here I could get back into the game. Realize I deal with interpreters whos English is basic and when I ask technical questions I lose them. I wanted to know what type of system I have so I can know where to direct my efforts, I see all the different sections in this forum and have no idea where I fall in the game. I will research the info you asked for HB13 and see if this will help. The box did not come with the manual, but the outside states the following.

Starcom SR-X 150D MKII Digital Satellite Reciever
- 4000 channels tv & radio programmable
-MPEG-2 digital & fully DVB compliant
-MPEG/Music CAM Layer I and II, CD quality audio sound
-quick channel switching time
-fast channel download from satellites
-SatcoCX Approved
-Network Search
-SCPC & MCPC Receivable from C/KU band satellites
-256 colors on screen display
-Channel list by satellite
-Automatic TP Scan function with amnual PID
-DiSEqC 1.2 Control Compatible
-Capable of setting the Frequency for SMATV
-Firmware and Channel data be downloaded through RS232 from PC to set and from set to set

A few others I left out. I will try to find the manual online and read it. I want to learn this I just need to know where to start. I appreciate the effort and looking forward to working with you guys.

Thanks

V/R

Vato

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look in this thread, there are some sites listed for starcom patches and software, although the latest one I could find was for June.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thank you for giving some information that can help us to help you.
Looks like your receiver is truly FTA, since there is no mention for a CI CAM or embedded CAM slot.
Since you are receiving some encrypted channels, then this indicates that it was patched.
The internet should give you information about the hex.

But first you must look in the Lyngsat channels list for the satellites that you can receive and decide which channels are interesting for you.

Have you tried to receive the FTA spanish channels TVE from Hot Bird ?
Your dish size 3ft (1m) is probably too small for the footprint in your area.
But try scanning Frequency 11785 H and you should get:
TVE Internacional
Canal 24 Horas
Real Madrid TV English
Check if you have them already.

Good Luck