new card don't work

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I just got a new sky card sent out to me with help from a friend in London who has it in his name and will be paying the bills for me but all I am getting is free to air.

He told me he tested it in his box first and got it activated. I thought that was the wrong thing to do. Dose that mean the card is now married to his box and what will he have to tell sky to get it changed over? Please don’t tell me I will have to get another card sent out.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
He'll have to tell sky that his box broke Robbie and that he has had to buy a second hand one (Yours), swapping it to the new box should be relatively easy as long as you give them all of the relevant information..

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Thanks Rolf, I will let him know what he has to do, strange thing though, when I put in the old card , there is writing across the screen with the program still running under, telling me to put in the new card, this won't go away but I still could get channel 5, when I put the new card in it changed the EPG to just a free to air list and no channel 5.
Dose this mean with the new card my EPG will just show what I am paying for and no sports and movie channel list?

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Robbiewright said:
Dose this mean with the new card my EPG will just show what I am paying for and no sports and movie channel list?

No it does not mean that.Once its matched with your box you will get the full EPG with your new card,.

iceman