New Card

pgleeson

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Poland
I finally got the dreaded message today that I need to insert my new card. Long story, but I don't have access to it (for now).

Having looked at the s*y website, it suggests that I can keep my existing card but that I will lose (gradually) access to certain channels, the list of which is actually quite short, and most importantly the premium channels are not affected.

"If you do not replace your Sky viewing card, you will start to lose access to the following channels from October 2009:
ITV1 (in these regions only: Anglia W, Central SW, Mer N, Mer SE, TT S, Yorks E)
Channel 4 HD
FIVE (in these regions only: London, the North of England, Scotland)
FIVE USA, FIVE USA +1, FIVER, FIVER +1
Sky 3"

Any contradictory views to this? I'd be happy to lose the channels listed rather than go through the hassle of changing my address and collecting the card.

Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That refers to freesatfromsky channels which will dissappear when fsfs cards are deactivated.

If you have a full subs card you will lose ALL your pay channels - the encryption the blue cards uses will be turned off and all remaining cards will die instantly.

No white card = free channels only.

Also the message will appear more and more frequently over the next few weeks :D

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Yep, I had a customer showing rugby in his pub and the message was coming up every minute.