New Channels on Freesat

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Hi all

Well, apart from ITV HD and the Four family of channels, I haven't heard a lot about any other channels appearing on the platform - has anyone else?

Kyle

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There should be a few new ones appearing on a monthly basis between now and the end of the year, but if the launch is anything to go by, they will sneak in without a blaze of publicity.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The missing BBC & ITV regions will be added in the next few weeks. There are rumours that channels will start to be added next week.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
I read somewhere, that Fives contract with Sky expites at the end of June 2008. Let us hope the join Freesat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Expat said:
I read somewhere, that Fives contract with Sky expites at the end of June 2008. Let us hope the join Freesat.

The earliest date Ive seen rumoured for Five to join Freesat is October (C5 only, not the Fiver / FiveUS channels)

hsbkc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD DBS3000 CNCIE, STARTRACK X-1152 CU, 80cm Rotorised dish, 32in Flat screen
My Location
London
I am already receiving Ch5, Fiver and Five US on my Freesat box.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That will probably be a freesatfromsky box not a BBC Freesat receiver.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Due to technical problems with the EPG software, new editions have been delayed.

kerrywez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Dreambox 500s, Technomate 6900 Super, Foxsat HD Freesat, 90Cm and 1.2 CM
My Location
Co. Kerry, Ireland
I would not miss any of the 5 channels, but I believe that their delayed appearance, it will only be 5, not the 5US or Fiver, is due to lack of space on Astra 2d. To me all 5 shows is Yankee rubbish and I never watch them so as far as I am concerned they can stay as far from Freesat as they can.

Some new channels should, indeed , appear before the end of the month, but Freesat never said that they would be adding channels monthly, just that there would be 200 channels before the end of the year. I would still not get too excited, because what Freesat call channels is not what I would, Freesat call radio and shopping cr&p channels. And before anyone asks about the UK channels it would seem that Virgin are not in any way too keen to have them on Freesat and as they own 1/2 and the BBC own the other 1/2, they will not come to Freesat, unless Virgin allows them to. If Virgin were to go after the cable bandits who steal their content, then they might be making enough money to allow the UK channels come to Freesat.

Very best regards Wez

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All Freesat channel launches have been postponed due to technical problems

kerrywez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Dreambox 500s, Technomate 6900 Super, Foxsat HD Freesat, 90Cm and 1.2 CM
My Location
Co. Kerry, Ireland
I heard that AS, but took it with the proverbial pinch of salt. Thank for clearing that up AS.

Very best regards Wez

hairybob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat and telly
My Location
North Scotland
kerrywez said:
Some new channels should, indeed , appear before the end of the month, but Freesat never said that they would be adding channels monthly, just that there would be 200 channels before the end of the year.

Very best regards Wez

Quoted from Freesat's own home page......

Welcome to freesat -

brilliant TV for everyone

We’re a brand new digital satellite TV service from the BBC and ITV. We’ll entertain you with over 80 great TV and radio channels, and treat you to HD for free.

And we’ll bring you more channels each month, so our line-up will just get better and better.

johnruddock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x skyhd digibox
1 bush freesat sd
1 Humax freesat HD
My Location
uk
When new channels do arrive will they be in the epg automatically or will the setup menu have to be rerun ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
They will appear automatically - just like on a sky box.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
This is just the soft launch, it takes time to gets things up and running. We are in at the begining.

petert74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
The three five channels are the clearest channels I pick up here in the south of spain. (apart from sky news). I fear if/when they are moved to the freesat platform we will no longer be able to pick them up!!!

I welcome the move but dread the day as I know it will become as hard to pick up as channel 4!!!!

Before everyone starts to point out that UK channels are only for the population in the UK etc, can I add they thanks to the internet you can watch BBC and ITV anywhere!!!

Why they dont beem it to west europe I dont know, 1 million expats in spain would be grateful.

If we are European then we should be free to watch any channel!!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
petert74 said:
The three five channels are the clearest channels I pick up here in the south of spain. (apart from sky news). I fear if/when they are moved to the freesat platform we will no longer be able to pick them up!!!

I welcome the move but dread the day as I know it will become as hard to pick up as channel 4!!!!

Before everyone starts to point out that UK channels are only for the population in the UK etc, can I add they thanks to the internet you can watch BBC and ITV anywhere!!!

Why they dont beem it to west europe I dont know, 1 million expats in spain would be grateful.

If we are European then we should be free to watch any channel!!!!

A very well discussed subject, but not for this thread please.

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Not sure if this the correct part of the forum to post this but my ITV1 Anglia W has suddenly thrown up a little cash bag meaning its pay to view, yet all the other ITV stations (regional) are in the clear? any body point me what to do
Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its probably moved to 10891H - one of the Anglias was testing on there last night.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The following channels are confirmed as coming to Freesat:

All ITV regions and additional FTA channels (including but not limited to, ITV2+1, Film Four+1, E4+1 and More4+1, Zone Horror, Zone Reality, Kix and BET as well as digital radio stations including Capital Radio, Virgin Radio and XFM) will be available late July 2008

_http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/our-chat-with-freesat