New DB7000s images?

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Little help please :

I Have PLI 7000 running. I dont understand following.
Now when I press blue button, how can I make Common Interface to work. I mean there is only the EMU center, in Gemini forexample you can easiely change from emu to ci.
And an other problem :

When you go to EMU Center, what means cardserver ? And cardspider ?

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you go into the EMU centre, click on the EMU drop down menu and select no-EMU, but mine works even when it is set to an EMU.

PS Card server and spider are for card sharing.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Thanks, rolfw, trying right now .....

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
I dont get it, I go to EMU Setup by pressing blue button, and then just choose for no_EMU and it makes automaticly work CI ?

By the way, is it normal that MV wont clear, the update for k*ys doesnt work, I use n*wcamd to clear it normally. May be some other cam would be better ?

Thx.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Oh ok, I got it working, indeed, when you just leave at no_emu, DB will automaticly go for CI, ok got MV cleared again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I use camd3, works fine on MV normally, but wasn't working last night.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Thats coz update wont work, you have to update manually, i havent found out yet how, but i think it aint difficult, you find all pre-made files needed on funfiles.cc or some else. I guess just FTP and thats it.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
I'm off for tennis than work, cya in about 10 hours :) BB.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
As I dont have much time ATM to view whats happening around the forum I still have the Gemeni 2.4 and still find it quiet good with no freezing up so going to leave well alone until I cant get what I want.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
I dont know any images now wich run slow or free, Gemini, Pli, or what ever you use, at the end, you get the same result and that is clear the vie*w !!!!
:)

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i too think the pli is a very good image,also the gemini 2.50 is not bad either.

TWAG

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
One difference i noticed, Gemini is a lot more behind with updating k*ys automaticly. Need to load everytime via FTP. In Pli, just via blue button pannel and Internet connection and all goes smooth again. Especially now, with those A*S k*ys changin every day now, damn.... Lol my morning starts always by typing in dec numbers, lmao.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
i also switched to PLI recently and must say im v happy

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I tried Pli and I found a few strange things.

Firstly the hard disk menu tells me all my recorded movies have disappeared. In reality they are still there as I switched back to the official 109 image and the list of movies was restored.

Secondly I couldn't get Pli to work with Flashwizard PRO 5.2 and multiboot. I could only install Pli to flash and not the USB. And with Pli in flash, multiboot doesn't work. EDIT I think I must have some other problem, because I can't load any other image into the USB without getting an error.
Maybe there is a way round these problems but I didn't find them.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Didn't have the problems with the rcorded movies, shows all mine, haven't tried the multiboot though as when I did have it, I used the same image all of the time, so now just use one in flash. :)

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Strenge thing here, I do see the movies on my HD in Pli File Menu, no problems, But I dont see them with FTP prog. I use Ipswitch WS_FTP. Never had any problems before when downloading movies to PC, but now there are no files at all.

Didnt try multiboot yet

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
easysat said:
Secondly I couldn't get Pli to work with Flashwizard PRO 5.2 and multiboot. I could only install Pli to flash and not the USB. And with Pli in flash, multiboot doesn't work. EDIT I think I must have some other problem, because I can't load any other image into the USB without getting an error.

Had exactly the same problem...

Luckily I was able to remove the image and go back to my working image.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
guys , What da f*k ? I do see the movies on HD of my DM via menu of DM, but dont see anyting via FTP prog.
Recorded new mevies, i see just one from two days ago, but not the one from today and not those from last week or later.
????????
Since I've reinstalled Gemini to Pli, I cant see recorded files via FTP, just one recorded two days ago ( after installing Pli ) and noting else.

Thx.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
By navigating to dreambox's IP, I get this menu from Pli Citrine open, there you have that Movie Mode. All the movies I've recorded are there, eash about 4500 MB or more. There is that button to download the file, but once I press it, it sais that the downloaded file will be about 577 MB. Ok for testing I go and download it, it keeps downloading the whole thing, like 2 minutes at 4MB/sec and at the end the file is just 577 MB, about 17 minutes of movie, thats all. Where the rest goes ? Please any ideas ?

I Use Win XP Pro Corp, formatted with NTFS.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You have the option in one of the menus to alter the size chunks in which the DB saves the movies, it may be saving them in chunks of that size and you have only transferred one of them.