Just Sharing This New Domain Spammers Attack

A

Archive7

I registered a new domain over the weekend with namecheap.
Since this morning I am being bombarded by spammers mainly from India offering their web design services.
Also a phone call from a India and the girl mentioned they found my new domain on namecheap and offered design services.
With GoDaddy I never had this problem for years even though my domains there are not private (they charge a lot to keep it private).
At namecheap they have a Whoisguard offer for free for few months. I should have switched it on if I had known this is going to happen.
So yeah namecheap has good price and services but spammers seem to be on the lookout for new domains there and not on GoDaddy.
Wonder why. Perhaps they don't want to mess with GoDaddy customers?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Did you make your whois information public when you registered?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
How do you know they are spammers ?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
How do you know they are spammers ?
Ha.. we had the same thing, only it was a renewal of an existing domain. Kept being bombarded by Indian "design agencies" asking us to get them to create a web page.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Could always tell them you are a charity and ask if they do it for free, seems to stop them from replying.

A

Archive7

So I got so far about 30 messages from "professionals" offering to build my website as they have "years of experience 100+ professionals bla bla".
Few cheeky bu**ers even sent me angry follow ups why I didn't answer their messages. Did I ask for their services in the first place?
So 12 hours from creating a new domain without hiding my contact details (as required by ICANN) I got so many spam messages.
Guys, if you ever register a new domain, hide your contact details. This is my advise to everyone.