Frontprozessor Version: V7
Tuner A: BCM4506 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: BCM4506 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Tuner C: Philips TU1216 (DVB-T)
Tuner
My Location
Norwich
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help really. I need some advice on my new Dreambox DM8000. Firstly I bought the unit because having been used to a couple of the Technomate receivers (which I still like alot) the picture and sound is just stunning. The best I have seen for ages. I watch a lot of the HiDef and DM8000 hard drive for watching recorded TV while I am away (from the DM8000 web plug in I ticked and installed). Now here is the big question I am hoping someone can help with...

Should I keep the standard image on the unit or is there any benefit in using something like the Nabilosat image. If I do use an alternative image - will my hard drive keep my back up from the image before (settings) or do I need to copy this to a USB stick, etc. and will I still be able to web into it to see my progs while I am away... I play a bit with my Technomates (using keys I update via the web) which means I can see some things I maybe should not (little smile). The standard image on the DM8000 does seem to allow for any of this at all...

CCAM - I think I need it - I have read forum posts and they seem to talk about the blue screen - maybe this refers to the Nabilosat image. If I keep the image I have - so I can just use my normal card I pay monthly for, what version of CCAM version will I need and how do I get it on the box.

I note that with the new DM8000 FW - you can now upload images using a USB stick plugged into the unit... Is this just for images does anyone now?

Cheers for any advice. The DM8000 is a bit of a big change for me from the techno's - but such a superb pic - I just want to play...

Dan

dforster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000
Devicename: dm8000
Enigma Version: 2010-12-16-3.0
Image Version: Release 3.0.3 2010-12-16
Tuner
My Location
Norwich
UPDATE:-

I bit the bullet and downloaded Nabilo Blackhole and installed to the unit (power down and hold down lower switch on left of display ((from another post so cheers for this)) - took a bit of playing to see how things worked - infact a whole day (learn the hard way) and a couple of re-installs. All sorted - works a treat. By the way - PVR button on remote - double push gets you to select the recording paths. Really like Blackhole - looks and works very well. Really like the EPG download - well done to that man :-)

Dan

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. Good to see you've got things up and running. You can D/L EMUS from the BH server - try Oscam if you want to use your SKY card in the box.

dforster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000
Devicename: dm8000
Enigma Version: 2010-12-16-3.0
Image Version: Release 3.0.3 2010-12-16
Tuner
My Location
Norwich
Update Dec 2011

The Dreambox is still going perfectly. In fact, after watching the picture it gives on a decent HD TV for a while, you can't watch anything else without thinking the Dreambox does it better. I web in and watch my progs from all over the place, always works like a dream. Still on the Nab Black Hole image and this is fine.

One issue I thought I would air is that I purchased the unit from what I thought was apparantly an all knowing supplier, a sort of Dreambox Superstore if you like. They not only fitted a too fast (and thus too hot running) hard drive but also saw fit to connect this to the wrong connector on the M/B. When you are new to this these guys are more interested in your cash than your sanity!

If you are buying one of these Dreamboxes, be warned a big web site with lots of nice warm cuddly chat does not mean a thing. Ask questions that if they can't answer DONT BUY. If they tell you they know it all, TAKE 5 and have a think. Also check for a telephone number that answers BEFORE YOU BUY, and if they have only one guy in the company who 'does the Dreamboxes' - BUY FROM SOMEONE ELSE. He will be sick when you need him most! Best still, get a genuine unit and come here for advice.

Happy new year to all.

Dan

JediBUZ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000, 4 tuners, 1TB hard drive, DVD RW, Fan, 64GB USB for perm Time Shift, EPG and Picon data. Hooked up to a T90 Wavefrontier
My Location
EastMidlands UK
using other people images is ok to start with but IMO stick with the official Firmware (much more stable) and customize it to how you want it, install the plugins that you want and need. Since I ditched PLI, Nabilo, dreamelite and all the rest of them my box has never crashed.