new dreambx7020S cannot boot

adamant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New Dreambox 7020 With 1.8M echostar dish.old nokia 9600 with dr overflow and old lt8700
I have just bought a 7020 and It refuses to boot.Just a blank orange screen .I have tried all buttons on remote and It wiil only switch on to same Orange OSD on dreambox ,no other controls work.Any help would be great!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
That sounds strange. So it never actuall y worked before, brand new??
Does the display say anything?

adamant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New Dreambox 7020 With 1.8M echostar dish.old nokia 9600 with dr overflow and old lt8700
adamant said:
I have just bought a 7020 and It refuses to boot.Just a blank orange screen .I have tried all buttons on remote and It wiil only switch on to same Orange OSD on dreambox ,no other controls work.Any help would be great!
The display says noting just a blank orange lcd display.The only button the remote that works is the on button ,when turned on ,it cannot be turned off with the remote.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Both,

Very strange for a new box!!!
It sounds like it needs the 7020 equivalent of DreamUp and a Null-Modem cable to get a good image into it.

Or, preferably, return to shop! (so long as it's not too far away!).
Especially as I have seen posts saying these boxes were un-crashable!!!

73 & good luck.

yves2008

Reaction score
Just for your information, my dreambox doesn't boot anymore (same blank yellow screen) unless I remove the network cable before boot and insert it later on when it has started.

This has surely nothing to do with your problem, but give it a try. Who knows....

Yves

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, there are indeed two options: Take it back to the shop, or put in a new image with a null modem cable.
If you were to try to sort it , try to upload an original official image for this box with a null modem cable. If this does not work then the box is fu*ked...