New "ebay" phishing Email

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This one arrived last night, haven't seen it before, a slightly different approach. :)

It carries the "your registered name is included in the Email" phrase, but of course it isn't. :)

You may need to click on the image again to get it full size.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Hijo de puta! Well done Rolfw for spotting the phish. I know i wouldnt spot something like that, but i never bother with emails that are sent to me by ebay. I just read the subject.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I read them all because I trade a small amount on ebay, but ones like this tend to stand out, as I hadn't made a bid on the item in question, neither had anyone else as it happened. :)

It did spur me to log on to my ebay account though (by typing in the ebay URL to a browser, not by using the link in the Email), to check to see if my password had been compromised. :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Have had another good one, it tells you that your account has been compromised by sources in Romania.

It quotes the instances and the IP addresses.

It asks you to log on using their link and change your password.

GOLDEN RULE: Always use the official page to log in to your account.

eBay or PayPal etc.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think we ought to encourage people to post any ebay/paypal phishing scams they hear of in this thread.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
AlexBellisBrown said:
Hijo de puta! Well done Rolfw for spotting the phish. I know i wouldnt spot something like that, but i never bother with emails that are sent to me by ebay. I just read the subject.

LOL.... it's not rocket ;)
Simply hover the mouse over the 'reply now' to tell you where your going, I may be laughing but I know some so called 'intelligent' peeps that get drawn in!
Got to the site and input this popular username and password f@ckoff/scammer .... works for me ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No no, if you are going to go to the trouble of clicking the link, you're better off giving them something which looks more realistic, then they take some of their time trying to use it. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Here's another one.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
rolfw said:
No no, if you are going to go to the trouble of clicking the link, you're better off giving them something which looks more realistic, then they take some of their time trying to use it. :)

Maybe your right rolfw, I sent my popular user name to the ever popular halifax bank mail and they plonked a mail on my web server so everytime I sent and recieved mail it was there.... kept getting same one for a week, didn't twig. LOL

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
rolfw said:
Here's another one.

So - are you saying you NEVER ordered that dress then - :-rofl2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Might've, might not've. :D :-lmao

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
RolfW in a pink salsa dress??? What is the world coming to? That better be a phishing email rolf!