New echostar 3600 update. 5 in 1????????

stevio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::
Ota done today,fixes ??/////

Last one was last week and i found problems with it.Hopefully this is better
If any one has any info on an echstar beta that gives 5 in 1 on eurocam irdeto 2 ,please mail me.

Steve

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The v308beta for the Echostar DVR7000 (downloadable on the official Echostar site) allows a Euro Irdeto CI to function as 6-in-1 (much the same as the patched firmware for the Samsung9500 does).

Since the EchoNAV software is pretty well the same across all EchoNAV receivers (including the 3600) it's worth giving the equivalent 3600 beta a testdrive.

2old

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Paperclip (Admin) of Satnerds has confirmed that this feature indeed extends to all EchoNAV receivers.

2old

markie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
2 old 4 this. Could you expand the detail of this? I have an Echostar 3600. Are you saying that if I purchased an Irdeto cam (v1 or 2? does it matter) then all I would have to do is get a 6in1 fun card and it would behave like, say, a patched humax??

If you have any more information on this, or could point me to somewhere where I could found out more info, it would be much appreciated

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes.
You need the latest beta release of the software (get it from Ehcostar's official site - you need to register by giving them the serial number of your receiver).

And it has to be a Euro CAM (i.e. series2 not the reflashable series1 type - so not a freecam/etc - just the bog-standard available-in-the-shops Irdeto v1.06 Euro CI CAM.

2old

markie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
2 Old thanks for your reply. A couple of more questions. Does it open all the encryptions with appropriate file (e.g. irdeto, viaccess, nagra, seca). Is there any encryption it won't decode? Also, will it open version 2 of these encryptions, or just version 1?
The reason I am interested is that I am considering purchasing a magic module, but this could be the cheaper alternative.

Has anyone tested this with the Echostar 3600? If so, does it work? Obviously don't want to waste my money if the MM would be the better route.

Thanks for your time.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
the Magic Module does not work well with Echostar receivers (but future pentacrypt versions may alleviate that).

As far as I know, the MM works with original (MOSC) cards. The ird106 works with the "hobby" cards but not with original (other than irdeto itself).

Neither cam can decrypt conax, powervu, videoguard.

2old

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Originally posted by 2old4this
the Magic Module does not work well with Echostar receivers (but future pentacrypt versions may alleviate that).

With my greatest respect, 2old, I do not thing this statement is fully true, specifically for the Echo AD3600 model in question. I believe, MM works pretty well with it (except for minor issues with certain channels)! :rolleyes:

However, if markie has no need for MOSC hards, I would personally go via the bog standard Irdeto 2 route. Cleaner from the legal standpoint (from my POW) and the CI CAM is cheap (half of the MM price)!

But, markie, download this software patch quickly, as Echostar may well remove it from their site! :)

Best wishes

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Nicolai,
you may be right - I've never tried it myself (I have an Echostar dvr7000 but don't have a MM) - but I've seen lots of posts from usually reliable sources reporting problems with Echostar receivers.

The latest firmware posted at Echostar's site for my dvr7000 is now v326. If that turns out not to work with 5-in-1 on Irdeto Euro CAM, and someone needs v308 then please shout. I've saved v308 and will be happy to pass on to anyone who needs it.
Personally, I use a FreeCAM2 so don't need that patch.

2old

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Hi, all:

It looks like I will shortly know all about it! My AD3000 decided to change home and stayed at the dealer's... :rolleyes:

I will be getting an AD3600 instead! This will allow me to:
- form a personal opinion on EchoNav software!
- establish the truth re MM and AD3600!
- find out whether the positioner problems have been solved!
Exciting or what? :) :confused :) :confused

What was that Beta firmware release version for 3600 again?

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Nicolai, the current beta release iv v604. This has been out since 3rd October on the Echostar site.

Tirosh.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Old Satellite

please check your PM!