New enthusiast, advice please ?

faid

Reaction score
I recently bought a house and the previous owners left 2 satellite dishes on the wall.:cool: They were turkish/cypriot and i think they had sky as well. The larger one looks to be about 80cm.
I would like to use the 'sky' dish to subscribe to sky, and use the other dish for fta footy/misc.
I have absolutely no idea about digital receivers.
Will I need 2 receivers or can I get 1 which will allow me to sub to sky as well as browse the skies ?
I dont know if both (or either) of my new dishes work. Is there a test I can perform to check that information is coming from both dishes ?
I know I'll meed a motorised system to 'browse'.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Faid, welcome to the forum.:)

If you want to subscribe to Sky, then you will require one of their digiboxes, unfortunately it is of little use on the other satellites though, so another receiver would be needed as well.

Where abouts are you?

faid

Reaction score
fairy nuff
I'm on the essex/suffolk border, and quite high up (for east anglia).
So now I know I will need a digibox as well as a digital receiver box, any recommendations (or one's to avoid ;) )