Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Ok Who is going to win this season, new drivers new teams will it be exciting? Of course it will vote now for your 2006 F1 Champion

My 1st Poll
I Hope it Works

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
I think it will be a close one this year, but I think Schumi and Ferrari will prevail again.
In my opinion, he is the best driver in the history of the sport.
(Should provoke some response)O-Ha

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
it has to be Kimi, if only the McLaren is reliable this season. If the Honda is as good as it been built up to be, I could see Button making a real challenge with Alonso. Expect Fisichella, Schumi, Montoya, and Rubens to add plenty of flavour too. I'd like Williams to do well after BMW dumped them, but I can't see it happening.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
the_happy_traveller said:
I think it will be a close one this year, but I think Schumi and Ferrari will prevail again.
(Should provoke some response)O-Ha

Well, since his won more championships then anyone ever, I can't see how anyone can argue his not. However, I don't know whether I'd be surprised or not if Ferrari came back after last season. Also, it'll be interesting to see how the two Red Bull teams react when racing against each other, will there be a conflict of interests???

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
I think Red Bull wil use their "second" team more fore R&D and the bringing on of new drivers.

Read someting on the itv F1 website a while back that sounded interesting,

"Cosworth have found the holy grail and produced a V8 capable of running consistently at 20,000rpm"

The cars using cosworth engines could be interesting.

If McClaren tune their cars to within an inch of their lives again, I think they'll come unstuck.

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
well kimi for me too but i have to agree reliability is the key,,but ive got a feeling its gonna be button,,plus i also think coultard will be quick this year but that will be a first...lol

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hope you don't mind Topper, added an option which summed up my thoughts (and probably many other folks). :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
No problem I nearly put it in from the start myselfO-Ha

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale

i disagree, i think hes a good driver, and maybe one of the best...but the car is an advantage for him.
thats why my interest has swayed to A1

if they were all in same cars and in there prime.... Senna, Prost or even Mansell would give him a good race :)

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Sorry red but I disagree.

Admittedly, Shumis's last world crown was won in the best car by miles but he did win at least 2 of his championships with Ferrari in an inferior car.

Yes ,Senna could have been a match if he had not met his early dimise but none of the current crop of drivers has his skill or level of determination.

He really is the ultimate racing driver and the only one in my opinion who has the talent to know how to drive on the limit but not cross it.

The likes of Button and Alonso are too cautious, Montoya is just a loon, Raikonnen is hungry, but the car isn't good enough and the rest have no chance.

I would say that 7 world chamionships in 12 years, coping with all the rule changes, new drivers competing in an inferior car etc, etc. surely qualifies Michael Schumaccer as one of if not the worlds greatest drivers.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
none of the current crop of drivers has his skill or level of determination.

You said it yourself, hes a winner because the rest are incapable really.

when some of the other champions were racing, the competition was much better in my opinion... any one of about 6 could win it.

Dont get me wrong, im not slaggin Schumacher off at all... hes a very good driver, but to say he the greatest of ALL time is a bit OTT.

he basically deserves the championships he has, because he is by far the best of the present bunch of drivers.

You will always get similar discussions..
ie Mohammed Ali or Rocky Marciano???
Pele or Maradonna

topics for another day :)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
i usually watch the start of each grand prix 2 or 3 lap's then go go and do some gardening, painting or whatever then go back to it just before the finish just to see if positions have altered (which usually they havn't) that way i managed to cram 4hrs into 2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Start a new thread with the title "Join our Fantasy F1 League", I'm sure you'll get a few takers. :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
i think i'll do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.