New firmware for Lacuna Sat Meter

wickedcid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishnetwork
My Location
canada
hey guys gonna jump in on this one, i have a sat meter and it never had problems loading updates,went to update it a few days ago and my cable is gone. Is it possible to cut the end of a straight through rs232 cable and solder on a 6 din to the pinout that was posted, cause i tried it and this home made jobby is not working. thanks in advance if you have any info to offer.

Wickedcid

zac2613

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
Hi Wickedcid
If you followed the diagram instructions, you should have no problems, however as you don't upload to the meter often, did you make sure you set the com port correctly.

zac2613

wickedcid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishnetwork
My Location
canada
zac2613 said:
Hi Wickedcid
If you followed the diagram instructions, you should have no problems, however as you don't upload to the meter often, did you make sure you set the com port correctly.

zac2613

Yes sir my com is set ok and i did use a multimeter to make sure pin from rs232 was same on 6 din,i only use 4 wires from the rs232 to the 6 din correct. Thanks in advance as i would love to get this fixed....

Cheers wickedcid

wickedcid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishnetwork
My Location
canada
zac2613 said:
Hi Wickedcid

zac2613

Hey bro i went back and checked to see if i went wrong somewhere as you feel pretty sure that diagram is right,now you were 100% on the money as i messed up . I was looking at everything and tracing from front view's not back,meter loaded first time and i cannot Thank You enough as i could not find this info anywhere.

Cheers Wickedcid

zac2613

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
Glad you sorted it.
However if you were working on the voltage side of a device, you could of damaged it.

Simple rule Check, Check & re-Check..

zac2613

hasany

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HP LapTop, Captiwork 700 Reciever
My Location
Canada
Hi there,
I have a Multistar Digital Satellite Meter . But it's software is too old (Version 5.0.8).Could any body tell me How I should upgrade it?
Thanx anyway

rami6262

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
meter lacuna
My Location
israel
zac2613 said:
Hi Wickedcid

zac2613

iahave smae problem i get a Send new line (0) failed error any one know how can resloved that problem .