Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar universal single LNB
with startrack and MediaCom mci-5512DCI receivers
My Location
phiilippines
Hi to All,

Just a newbie, only started few days!

I am located in the Philippines and my uncle just gave me a complete setup of satellite dish with two receivers.

Could anyone can help me the idea on how this things work! I Would really appreciate any help from you guys...

Here's the ff items I have:
1.MediaCom digital satellite receiver MCI-5512DCI
2.Star track (world-in-box) digital satellite receiver.

3. Echostar Universal LNBF
Specs:
Input: 10.7-11.7/11.7-12.75 GHZ
Lo: 9.75/10.6 GHZ
Band switch: 0/22 KHZ low/high Band
output: 950-2150 GHZ

I tried to setup the ff unfortunately I dont get any signal from it. My screen always display "no/bad signal". I just only know that I can used the Agila 2 satellite at 146.0degree. Also did some automatic scan from different freqs on different satellites like Agila but theres no luck to get a signal channel from it.

Do I need to subscribe this in the phils. like dream satellite?

I also notice that I can only got the strength signal but not the quality signal?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance! more power! this really a cool forum....

Thanks again.

jbrylle

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
jbrylle18 said:
my uncle just gave me a complete setup of satellite dish with two receivers.

:-Welcome1

What size dish did he give you?

Did he have it working at your location or near to your location?

jbrylle18

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
phiilippines
gameboy said:
:-Welcome1

What size dish did he give you?

Did he have it working at your location or near to your location?

Gameboy thanks for the reply.

Not quite sure the exact size but I measure it, its a 60cm in horizontal meas and 65cm in veritcal meas. Radius probably at 30-33cm.

You need more information on my setup just let me know I would really appreciate it. Just want this setup works.

Thanks.

migs2173

Reaction score
Hi whats your location in the Philippines I can help you to install your dish and get the dream tv signal

you can contact me at 09*****67813

Gameboy: Now you have contacted each other I have edited your phone number to avoid crank calls.

jbrylle18

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
phiilippines
migs2173 said:
Hi whats your location in the Philippines I can help you to install your dish and get the dream tv signal

you can contact me at 091*******813

Nice talking to you migs... Hope to see you soon!

algood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat
My Location
AbuDhabi,uae
jbrylle18 said:
Hi to All,

Just a newbie, only started few days!

I am located in the Philippines and my uncle just gave me a complete setup of satellite dish with two receivers.

Could anyone can help me the idea on how this things work! I Would really appreciate any help from you guys...

Here's the ff items I have:
1.MediaCom digital satellite receiver MCI-5512DCI
2.Star track (world-in-box) digital satellite receiver.

3. Echostar Universal LNBF
Specs:
Input: 10.7-11.7/11.7-12.75 GHZ
Lo: 9.75/10.6 GHZ
Band switch: 0/22 KHZ low/high Band
output: 950-2150 GHZ

I tried to setup the ff unfortunately I dont get any signal from it. My screen always display "no/bad signal". I just only know that I can used the Agila 2 satellite at 146.0degree. Also did some automatic scan from different freqs on different satellites like Agila but theres no luck to get a signal channel from it.

Do I need to subscribe this in the phils. like dream satellite?

I also notice that I can only got the strength signal but not the quality signal?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance! more power! this really a cool forum....

Thanks again.

jbrylle

Kabayan, kung saan sumisikat ang araw ay doon mo itatapat ang 60cm.Dish mo at kabigin mo ng pakanan 2 o'clock at itaas mo ang dish sagad at bago mo gawin ay i-program mo muna ang receiver mo (Frq.12541 ver.,Transponder 14000,FEC 5/6 ) God tv or Karaoke Channel kuha mo.AGUILA 2 ) CHOW algood

rcapili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Setup:
XSat CDTV410 DVB
ORBSAT O.S 525 LNB
60CM Satellite Dish
My Location
Philippines
:-hny
Warm greetings from Valenzuela!
Isa rin akong newbie sa satellite. I started my eagerness to find one just last month from the set my uncle gave to me for Christmas from abroad. Thats it! I found the Aguila 2 satellite after some researches but with the fta channels only. I can see the other channel programs listing but can't view it. Nakakatuwa kasi dinala ko pa tv set namin sa rooftop, at successful din.

Is there a way to unscramble the channels so I can view it, by programming or flashing of my receiver. Btw, I own a XSAT CD.TV410 DVB and an ORBSAT 525 LNB. Where can I buy a smart card for the conditional access? I believe this is not sold at dream separately.

Maraming salamat. Merry Christmas to all.

:-snowman

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rcapili said:
Isa rin akong newbie sa satellite. I started my eagerness to find one just last month from the set my uncle gave to me for Christmas from abroad. Thats it! I found the Aguila 2 satellite after some researches but with the fta channels only. I can see the other channel programs listing but can't view it. Nakakatuwa kasi dinala ko pa tv set namin sa rooftop, at successful din.

Welcome to the forum. Please post exclusively in English. If you need to post in your local language, then you MUST provide a translation. A automatic web based translation is sufficient

crusch

Reaction score
Website
www.cruschgear.com
My Satellite Setup
MicroX
My Location
Philippines
rcapili said:

Is there a way to unscramble the channels so I can view it, by programming or flashing of my receiver. Btw, I own a XSAT CD.TV410 DVB and an ORBSAT 525 LNB. Where can I buy a smart card for the conditional access? I believe this is not sold at dream separately.

Maraming salamat. Merry Christmas to all.

xsat receiver's are card dependent to be able to view channels and since your in the philippines i believe you want to receive dream signals. you can use funcard 4 loaded or atmega8 cards. for more info pm me.

mannyfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital satellite reciever
My Location
Papua New Guinea
Somebody can help me how to install and find signal. my location is Papua New Guinea. I am a Filipino. I bought DMBOX DM88-S multimedia digital satellite receiver and Orbsat KU-BAND Digital LNB O.S. 525

I already have a digital smart card Sun4. It is configured in the philippines for Agila2 satellite.

Thank you very much...

mannyfox

jayzie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VMSAT
My Location
Davao, Philippines
mannyfox said:
Somebody can help me how to install and find signal. my location is Papua New Guinea. I am a Filipino. I bought DMBOX DM88-S multimedia digital satellite receiver and Orbsat KU-BAND Digital LNB O.S. 525.

I try to install it signal up between 90 - 98 but quality is 0.

I already have a digital smart card Sun4. It is configured in the philippines for Agila2 satellite.

Thank you very much...

mannyfox
Sir,

Maybe I can help u with this problem. Just set your satellite dish to 120º SE then the angle of elevation is 30º. You get a good signal but you need to have a Eb/No ( Light on sight). Just make a little adjustment on your dish and rotate the LNB.

contact me in my YM: email removed

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the wrong satellite with that high signal but no quality. Can you scan that satellite to see which other satellite you are on and then move the dish in the right direction ...

What location are you on Papua New Guinea as it makes quite a big difference due to your latitude being so close to the satellites?

What elevation do you have your dish at?

What size dish do you have ... because the footprint (signal) on that satellite doesn't officially cover Papua New Guinea so you will need a much larger dish than you would need in the Philippines to get the channels and you need good local advice to check if you can get it at all as there is a very steep cut off of signal in the south of the Philippines ...

the signal map (foorprint) is here

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/agila2_ku.html

the channels are here...

_http://www.lyngsat.com/agila2.html

mannyfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital satellite reciever
My Location
Papua New Guinea
I' ll try to check and do what you said.

My dish diameter is 85 cm. elevation from the ground 7 ft.

My location is in Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea.

Here is my data in location from _www.n2yo.com

MY CURRENT SELECTION
AGILA 2
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 03:15:49 UTCLatitude: -0.08°
Longitude: 146.01°
Right Ascension: 20h 49m 20s
Declination: 1° 3' 30''
Azimuth: 351.51°
Elevation: +82.09°
Altitude [km]: 35766.25
Altitude [miles]: 22175.08
Speed [km/s]: 0
Speed [miles/s]: 0
Eclipsed? NO

This map is showing all satellites as seen on the sky above an elevation of 5°. Satellite debris is not displayed
Draw lines
Draw footprint (NEW)
Show satellites as text
Keep current selection centered

MY CURRENT LOCATION
Your IP address: 202.95.XXX.XX [fieldset=Admin]IP Address edited not wise to post on an open forum[/fieldset]
Latitude: -6.733°
Longitude: 147°
Magnetic declination: 5° 55' EAST