New Here

party25uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Very Very New to this and would welcome any advice
Please accpet my applogy if this is not in the right section.

I am very new to all this but have been for a few years now been after setting up a system to get more then what I get now. The only problem I have no idea what I should be looking for and have been on a number of websites trying to find out some information but it looks like I might be banging my head against a wall at the moment.

I have one simple question and that is what would I need just to get me started. Do not want to pay out to much money but want to be able to get a least a few more programmes.

If there is anyone that is willing to give me some helpful advise in someway just to get me going then I would be most greatful.

Thank you.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please dont post the same request more than once. Just pick what you see to be the most appropriate section, if its wrong one of the mods will move it.

Im removing the duplicates.

party25uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thanks, very new at posting messages.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:-welcome

The easiest and cheapest way of getting a few foreign channels is by getting hold of an old Sky analogue receiver.

www.analoguesat.co.uk

will tell you what it would give you. Then changing it a cheap digital receiver later ( when you know you are interested in the hobby) would broaden your channel choice lots.

party25uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Can you receive sat like Hotbird on this?

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Buy the Technomate 1500 receiver for around £100, no CAMs needed, just program the receiver and watch alot of channels on Hotbird.

You need a dish for that, anything will do for that strong satellite nearly, get a 80cm dish like Triax or something cheap, a good LNB like Sharp dot4, the one with white case.

That's all you need really to watch hundreds of channels on Hotbird.

You get like TPS and Sky Italia with this package.

party25uk said:
Can you receive sat like Hotbird on this?

party25uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Where is the best place to look for this type of equipment, do not want to spend to much money!

party25uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thanks for the help. With type of package could I also pick up SKY television if I wanted to take up the movie channel offer?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, Sky requires a viewing card to watch, so although it is now possible to use a plug in module for the card, a digibox is required to activate the card.