New Hydra image released

chuckles

Reaction score
rolfw said:
I updated the control panel and it was there.

PS. I do have one small problem, after scanning a satellite, it locks up, but when I do a three button reboot, everything has saved. Strange.

Ummm, very strange, when I update its NOT there!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Did you install newcamd? Perhaps it installed along with that?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
By the way, me being a Gemini image user: Looking at the Maty's key bundle that one uses to download with Hydra Images, isn't it far too full of older stuff mixed with good stuff and lots of stuff you don't need?? I looked at my fully working image which opens anything possible now with newcamd and the keys and scce are much much emptier than with Mary's...not even close but still works. When I put Marys in it slows the whole thing down.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Very true. No dis to Mary, but it's a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. :)

chuckles

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Did you install newcamd? Perhaps it installed along with that?

I reinstalled the new image and yes, Marys was there with control panel 2, but if you again download new control panel it disappears!
The remaining sites for downloading keys dont appear to work either. They indicate a download, but cam keys remain empty!
I think you are intended to make your own control panel, but I dont know how to do that.

chuckles

Reaction score
chuckles said:
I reinstalled the new image and yes, Marys was there with control panel 2, but if you again download new control panel it disappears!
The remaining sites for downloading keys dont appear to work either. They indicate a download, but cam keys remain empty!
I think you are intended to make your own control panel, but I dont know how to do that.

Marys back now on latest download control panel!

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
chuckles said:
New Hydra Poseidon image released today.
FWIW, I installed this direct into flash.
No crashes yet, even holding down the scroll button on max repeat :)
Only funny was I had to do the "button on boot flash erase" twice, once before the frontside update, and then again after...otherwise it hung doing the automatic transponder update.
Mary seems to be present but asleep, a click leaves the box locked for 2 mins, until you press LAME. Spartan helped out here though ;)
Does anyone know why the cpanel is now encryted? I can't see any benefit?

azamsaghir

Reaction score
djlemur said:
FWIW, I installed this direct into flash.
No crashes yet, even holding down the scroll button on max repeat :)
Only funny was I had to do the "button on boot flash erase" twice, once before the frontside update, and then again after...otherwise it hung doing the automatic transponder update.
Mary seems to be present but asleep, a click leaves the box locked for 2 mins, until you press LAME. Spartan helped out here though ;)

I believe it is something the Hydra has implemented to ensure the user does not use a fake Control Panel.

Rgds
Azam

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
djlemur said:
Well, when it was not encrypted and you were able to do a manual d/load of CP and put it in /tmp, it was possible to open files using e.g. TextEdit on Mac and read off the place where all the files (incl Marys) were being dowloaded from. So it was not long before the men in long grey coats were able to lean on the ISP to shut down the site. This encryption makes it easier for th heroes to live longer. The d/load drops a .gz file into /tmp which is immediately unzipped and put where it should be and then all unneeded files deleted.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
haggard said:
So it was not long before the men in long grey coats were able to lean on the ISP to shut down the site.
Sorry haggard, but I just don't buy that :)
It takes about 10secs to monitor the router (between DB and ISP) to see where the request went, and then manually download the files ;)
And I bet the "MILGC" have got an array of DBox/DreamBox/TripleDragons to allow them to keep at least one eye firmly on the field.

azamsaghir said:
I believe it is something the Hydra has implemented to ensure the user does not use a fake Control Panel.
Hmmm, so why not keep the text clear, but add a new tag that has a checksum in it?

Personally I would feel safer (in the long run) if folks like the_Hydra, the newcamd team, etc. would publish their source (as they are supposed to under GPL ;)) along with the builds to keep the info "out there" - in a similar way to the DVD code cracks. You never know, it might encourage more folks to see what they can do...

Anyhow (shallow gripes aside), well done to all involved for producing builds like Hydra, Gemini and EMUs like SCAM and Newcamd.