New in the forum

drctheo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat 3500
My Location
cyprus
Hi to everybody. I am new in the forum. My knowledge about digital systems is limited.
I am currently living in Slovakia and have 2 receivers. 1 Panasat for Nova Cyprus (pay tv) and a Starsat system. I am thinking about getting a Dreambox. Can anybody advise me on what to buy, and does anybody know if i can see Nova Cyprus, Nova Greece and Sky digital? what do i need and what is the chance of in near future Dreambox not be able to capture these systems.
Thank you.

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy & Wet Atlantic Coast
drctheo said:
Hi to everybody. I am new in the forum. My knowledge about digital systems is limited.
I am currently living in Slovakia and have 2 receivers. 1 Panasat for Nova Cyprus (pay tv) and a Starsat system. I am thinking about getting a Dreambox. Can anybody advise me on what to buy, and does anybody know if i can see Nova Cyprus, Nova Greece and Sky digital? what do i need and what is the chance of in near future Dreambox not be able to capture these systems.
Thank you.

Try contacting www.omko.cz they should be able to advise you there.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Whether you can receive Sky Digital will depend on the size of dish Biggish for Slovakia, very big for Cyprus and whether you have either an official card, or broadband internet and access to a card sharing network. I also believe that you will still need the sub card for Nova.

drctheo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat 3500
My Location
cyprus
Thanks for your help.

drctheo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat 3500
My Location
cyprus
www.omko.cz is in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately they cannot help. Is there anybody in Hungary or Slovakia that can help? Thanks. There are rumours that it can code the Nova Cyprus and Nova Greece, both on the Hotbird satellites. Still no answer for Sky system.

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
drctheo said:
www.omko.cz is in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately they cannot help. Is there anybody in Hungary or Slovakia that can help? Thanks. There are rumours that it can code the Nova Cyprus and Nova Greece, both on the Hotbird satellites. Still no answer for Sky system.

Irdeto 2 and NDS are only available with original cards or with sharing. If you have any of the 2 dreambox will be able to handle it. For sharing you need internet connection and preferably broadband.

karoto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Startrack 550d
My Location
Greece
costasd3 said:
Irdeto 2 and NDS are only available with original cards or with sharing. If you have any of the 2 dreambox will be able to handle it. For sharing you need internet connection and preferably broadband.

What is Sharing ? to share what?