New Installation Problems

dantheman111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY + 80GB
My Location
Stratford-On-Avon, Warwickshire, UK
Hi All

New to the forums, mainly due to a new Plus Installation.

Because It was installed into a house with no telephone line atm, And the fact we wont be moving in for another week, I decided to take the box home and get a look at it on our existing Standard dish

I was also going to activate it at our old house as the telephone numbers will be the same.

Got it all out, set it all up, Everything looked ok. Put in our old sky card, and using the controls on the front of the pace 80Gb box I was able to navigate and view the channels I was subscribed to.

Then it was onto "lets get into the menu, and run the installation sequence by going into the engineer menu"

Took the new remote out of the box that the engineer provided. Removed the battery tape and pointed it at the box and pressed tv guide, nothing happened. After 2 sets of new batteries, several using's of the 999 reset code, the sky box just would not respond, or even recognize the remote commands. Just to test if it was working I used the code for the TV and low and behold I can change channel volume and so on correctly.

I spoke to a mate who had a Plus installation a few months said the installer had to ring sky whilst he was at the house to get a code for the Remote control to get it to control the plus box, he is a bit vague, whether this was for his actual TV I am unsure

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, before I ring our antenna installer back

Thanks
Dan

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The remote control should work with the receiver out of the box, no need to add any codes. You did press the Sky button in the middle at the top first I presume?

dantheman111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY + 80GB
My Location
:)

yes, many times, nothing from the box

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, thought you would have done, but it had to be asked. ;) :-lmao

Unfortunately it sounds like a duff box then.

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
a silly question but when you push the sky remotes buttons doeS the red light at the top of the sky remote come on
and douse the red light come on at the front of the receiver when you pust the remote buttons

and some sky remotes will work both sky + and the standard sky boxs and yes you do have to put a code in them but only some

the fitter userly only phones sky up to activate your sky card for the sky + side
do you know any one near you who has sky + so you can try your remote on there box
and or try there remote on your box

dantheman111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY + 80GB
My Location
Yes, Red light does come on when I push the sky button, and use guide and things like that

The sky box doesnt respond to the commands or show its red light, does anyone know the codes for the buttons to program for sky plus

Thanks

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
use a magic eye and it will work.. if it does then.. the ir sensor is duff

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
Yeshi said:
use a magic eye and it will work.. if it does then.. the ir sensor is duff

just one point to make to use a magic eye you have to go into the engineers menus with the sky remote to switch it on

dantheman111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY + 80GB
My Location
If i told you, you wouldnt belive me

our engineer gave us a sky hd remote :eek:

all sorted now tho, thanks for all the advice