Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
I've place my order. Just €11 for shipping. Thanks for all your help everyone. Much appreciated.

Threads like this one shows what a friendly & helpful membership this forum has :-worship

I'll publish my findings here when I get my grubby hands on it. I have a Technosat and Sharp LNB to compare it with.

Ute

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax PR-HD1000, Grundig Skybox + Edision 1600CI. 2 Diseqcs. Triax TD88 (28,2°E, 23,5°E, 19,1°E, 13°E)
Computer: 24" Imac 2,8Ghz
My Location
Heidelberg, Germany
hi,
you can try this place in the Netherlands:
_http://www.satellietdiscount.com/E_art_414.html

Hope it helps :-)

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
Ute said:
hi,
you can try this place in the Netherlands:
_http://www.satellietdiscount.com/E_art_414.html

Hope it helps :-)

That's a very good price too. With delivery mine cost EUR 27

I've just had an email from the ebay shop bob-1 and bite used, the LNB will be with DHL tomorrow. Fantastic service. Looking forward to fitting it. Thanks m8!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Here in Spain we use a modified version of that LNB on prime focus dishes (see attached photos). Only available in single version. C/N is brilliant, and certainly better than the C120 LNB that the herd usually recommend.

Attachments

• LNB4.jpg
    LNB4.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 515
  • LNB5.jpg
    LNB5.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 901
  • LNB6.jpg
    LNB6.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 355

Navalcarnero

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Spain Madrid
Hi Huevos,

I imagine you mean the QDF -031 invacom. Interesting i might have to get one see as they go for 20 euros. I have seen twins and quads available if you are interested. How much better are they than the usual stuff you mentioned?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Navalcarnero said:
Hi Huevos,

I imagine you mean the QDF -031 invacom. Interesting i might have to get one see as they go for 20 euros. I have seen twins and quads available if you are interested. How much better are they than the usual stuff you mentioned?
The one that is modified for prime focus is only available as a single.

I had a Channel Master feedhorn plus Invacom quad on my Gibertini 1.5 and I changed it the other day to a Darkgold (40mm). C/N improved by 0.2db but that was enough to improve weak channels on 2D and give me access to a few more transponders. I've heard people say the Invacom is more selective especially on horizontals but I don't know if this is true. If someone tells me where the Invacom is better I'll do a test.

As for the Inverto I don't really want to comment as I have only used this modified version so I don't know how it performs using it's default built in feedhorn. Modified version is brilliant though on prime focus dishes. That said there's no substitute for dish face surface area.

Navalcarnero

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Spain Madrid
There are Inverto Black Ultra availble in a twin and quad, though if you say that it isnt the same i bow to your greater knowledge. Interesting post anyway i will get one thanks

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Navalcarnero said:
There are Inverto Black Ultra availble in a twin and quad, though if you say that it isnt the same i bow to your greater knowledge. Interesting post anyway i will get one thanks
The modified LNB that I attached the photos of is only available as a single. The unmodified version is available in other configurations.

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
Just an update. The new Inverto Black Ultra LNB arrived today and I have switched it for my Sharp.

It really isn't a day for testing, it has been chucking it down all afternoon. Very heavy cloud cover.

However, compared to the signals from the Sharp, it is slightly down. On 28.2E, those channels I was getting at 85% quality I'm getting 84%. On weaker signals the loss is even bigger maybe 4 or 5%.

However, I had been complaining about the picture being a bit soft on upscaled SD on my TM6900. After watching the usual programmes at this time of day (local news etc) there is a definate improvement in sharpness. Even HD seems clearer.

Unhappy with the reduction in signal quality drop, I put the Sharp back on. But instantly noticed how soft the picture was again, so put the Inverto back on.

The characteristics of this LNB are different. A few channels I found I'm getting stronger, but others are weaker.

One thing I found today was Euronews on 26E. I used to get 62% with the Sharp (last week). I was hardly getting it with the new Inverto. So moved the dish a tad manually and it came in at 62%. In fact, I've put 25.5E in the settings and it is back to 62% with the new LNB. When I switched back to the Sharp, I tested it again. I found it was still better on 25.5E. But all the other sats are spot on. I can't understand why this one satellite should look like it has drifted. Can the weather make it shift? Is the satellite at 26E dropping out the Sky or could it be the heavy cloud cover. Not experienced this before.

Anyway, WHEN we get some better weather I will tweak it a bit and do a full test.:-worship

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Thanks m8, please do keep us informed.

However, I don't get the point about the image sharpness, how the heck could this be related to the lnb :D

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
thecaretaker said:
I had been complaining about the picture being a bit soft on upscaled SD on my TM6900. After watching the usual programmes at this time of day (local news etc) there is a definate improvement in sharpness. Even HD seems clearer.
Dude, changing your LNB is not going to make your picture sharper. Maybe in the analogue days yeah, but not now. If your picture is soft that is a "feature" of the receiver, not the LNB.

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
kamaleon said:
Thanks m8, please do keep us informed.

However, I don't get the point about the image sharpness, how the heck could this be related to the lnb :D

I honestly don't know how or why. But there is a noticeable difference on SD pictures that are upscaled to 1080i by the box. Edges and text is crisper, not so soft. I don't know how the receiver works out quality, but maybe somehow the digital output of the Inverto is cleaner or maybe a very slightly different frequency making the box handle the signal differently.

Normally (before fitting this LN:cool: I had my Sony Bravia on full sharpness for upscaled 1080i SD content but even then it was still a bit soft. It is not soft now.

Dunno m8. I've no explanation for it.:confused

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
thecaretaker said:
maybe somehow the digital output of the Inverto is cleaner
An LNB is an analogue device. It does't have a digital output.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
Sorry m8 that ain't happening, not in a million years. At first I was being a bit ironic, I thought you had lost the plot somewhere.

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
I can't understand how changing an LNB can change the sharpness of the picture, however, I think the different signal quality comparing two LNBs, better on some channels, worse on others can be explained by the fact that that each LNB has an individual profile: one may perform better at one frequency than another, and I am talking of LNBs in the same batch produced by the same manufacturer. Some LNB manufacturers supply a graph along with the LNB to show how that individual LNB has performed in tests. This is not supplied with cheaper LNBs. Ivacom do supply graphs, for example. Sadly no LNB's perform uniformly over the whole frequency spectrum

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Actually, what brand other than Invacom does supply that? Never heard of anyone else.

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
kamaleon said:
Actually, what brand other than Invacom does supply that? Never heard of anyone else.
Swedish Microwave used to. I guess with LNB prices getting keener this does not happen these days. I bought a new LNB from Invacom three months ago and, yes, they are still providing certificates.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks ;)

Yep SMW was bound to be one of them :D

houthayfa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xp
My Location
italia
The better lnb I ever had, much better than the MTI high line, or all the 0.1db from germany!
Bought twin model.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
you mean the inverto black ultra?