New iPod - with video...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Witness the evolution of the revolution. First it played songs. Then photos. Then podcasts. Now iPod plays video, changing the way you experience your music and more. Again. In lighter, thinner 30GB and 60GB models starting at $299, the new iPod is music to your eyes.

More here...

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
I find this bizarre, I'm sure I heard a couple of months ago apple were not going down the video route, because really, when you're on the move sound is what you're after, personally when I'm on my bike I don't want to be watching a re-run of _insert_old_but_still_funny_sit_com_here, but just chilling with some vibes (yeah man..) I think the consumers have pushed for this and they will probably buy buy buy as it will be the new must have, people with only 1 ipod might even be tempted by a second. However in my mind just how useful this is as a product remains to be seen..

Oh, and if you hate the iPod generation - this site is for you http://www.smashmyipod.com/ (personally I remain neutral on the subject - the link is for your amusement!)

-cts

ps - also for your amusement - so your new ipod nano lacks memory? give it 200gb http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Ipod_Nano_200gb_Instructions

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
closetosoton said:
personally when I'm on my bike I don't want to be watching a re-run of _insert_old_but_still_funny_sit_com_here, but just chilling with some vibes (yeah man..)

This unit gives you choice - I have just bought a second PSP as I think the iPod screen is too small for video and the navigation wheel is too big.

Oh, and if you hate the iPod generation - this site is for you http://www.smashmyipod.com/ (personally I remain neutral on the subject - the link is for your amusement!)

Like everything Apple do they will have a lot of people that just hate them. Sure they're not worried, have you seen their latest profits leap? They're laughing all the way to the bank.

also for your amusement - so your new ipod nano lacks memory? give it 200gb http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Ipod_Nano_200gb_Instructions

Now who would want to do that?

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
gameboy said:
Like everything Apple do they will have a lot of people that just hate them. Sure they're not worried, have you seen their latest profits leap? They're laughing all the way to the bank.

That site has probably given the Ipod some good publicity.
Seems like a good idea to get suckers to send you money too?

The missus will be pi$$ed when I show her this tonite, she just bought the IPOD Photo!

What a Bu66er to set up.
I had to disable one of the USB ports in Device manager to get the PC to recognise the IPod?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
mick2me said:
The missus will be pi$$ed when I show her this tonite, she just bought the IPOD Photo!

Just bought a G5 iMac and they've upgraded that also....

"What if you could command an entire world of music, photos, movies and DVDs — all from your sofa? Now you can share the good life with friends and family on a 17- or 20-inch new iMac G5 featuring Front Row software and Apple Remote. Slimmer than ever, the gravity-defying enclosure also houses built-in iSight, SuperDrive, wireless and the easy-to-use software that brings it all together. Modern living starts at only $1299. (Mighty Mouse not sold separately.)"

more here...

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
The Movie and TV industry in Burbank Ca. Extensivly uses Apple for graphics. The last time I was in the Getty Art Museum in L.A. They had a Mac on display as an exhibit.

Getty Centre
gettycenterEPA.jpg

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
I got the new 30GB White iPod yesterday and it completely rocks. Apple did a great job with this gadget. Much thinner than previous iPods, super-fast syncing over USB, and the screen is *great*. Anyone who complains about the screen size is either 1) blind 2) a whining tempermental jerk 3) someone who hasn’t actually seen the screen. It’s beautiful.

I’m telling you right now, Video Podcasts are going to be huge. HUUUUGE... Making it so easy to rip or download new music and sync it to your device made the iPod what it is today. The same functionality for Videos is what is going to make the new iPod the standard bearer for portable video as well, even though it has a much smaller screen than the PSP.

...I can’t wait for iFilm and AtomFilms and JibJab and all the rest to start creating content for my iPod and other devices as well, available via an RSS feed (do they already?). And I can’t wait for the Podcast guys to start ramping up their content like RocketBoom and Mobuzz have as well.

...It’s all related, can you see it? Portable video is really here at least… and it’s going to be huuuuge!

Source: Wired

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
So it's Good then?

Sounds like you need the 60GB? :rolleyes:

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
mick2me said:
So it's Good then?
Sounds like you need the 60GB?

If only - sorry for the confusion the text is from a user on the Wired web site.

Do have a PSP - the screen quality is great - have ripped the first episode of 'Lost' to MP4, from the DVD that came with the book, transferred to the PSP and it looks/sounds great.

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nottingham
gameboy said:
If only - sorry for the confusion the text is from a user on the Wired web site.

Do have a PSP - the screen quality is great - have ripped the first episode of 'Lost' to MP4, from the DVD that came with the book, transferred to the PSP and it looks/sounds great.

Ahh Sorry Gameboy..

I changed my mind.. I might wait till they release the "Satellite Ipod" preferably with diseqc Motor!:cool:

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Apple today announced that iTunes Music Store customers have purchased and downloaded more than one million videos since they debuted on October 12. Customers can choose from over 2,000 music videos, Pixar short films and hit TV shows for just $1.99. Top downloads include music videos from Michael Jackson, Fatboy Slim and Kanye West; Pixar’s “For the Birds” and “Boundin’”; and episodes of ABC’s hit TV shows “Lost” and “Desperate Housewives.”

“Selling one million videos in less than 20 days strongly suggests there is a market for legal video downloads,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Our next challenge is to broaden our content offerings, so that customers can enjoy watching more videos on their computers and new iPods.”

Music videos are available from artists including Madonna, U2, Eurythmics, Coldplay and Kanye West, and animated shorts are available from Academy Award-winning Pixar Animation Studios. In a landmark deal with ABC Disney, the iTunes Music Store also offers current and past episodes from the two most popular shows on television, “Desperate Housewives” and “Lost” as well as the new drama series “Night Stalker” and the two most popular shows from Disney Channel, “That’s So Raven” and “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.”

With Apple’s legendary ease of use, pioneering features such as integrated Podcasting support, iMix playlist sharing, seamless integration with iPod® and groundbreaking personal use rights, the iTunes Music Store is the best way for Mac and PC users to legally discover, purchase and download music online. The iTunes Music Store features more than two million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent record labels, 11,000 audiobooks, gift certificates and exclusive music not found anywhere else online.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning desktop and notebook computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store.