New Kid On The Block

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:confused
HI EVERYONE GLAD TO BE A MEMBER AT LAST.
JUST RECEIVED MY NEW SAMSUNG DSR9500 VIA CI TODAY BUT STILL WAITING FOR THE ELVIS & THE IRDETTO CAM TO ARRIVE.

I WONDERED IF SOMOENE WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO GUIDE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WITH REGARD TO PROGRAMMING THE BLOODY THING,THE CARDS THAT IS.
MY EMAIL IS swt61@hotmail.com all help would be greatly appreciated,

regards to all,

dentsy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Dentsy, welcome to the forum, the Elvis is one of the most popular programmers around and with TJ's Multiprog, it is also one of the easiest. If you follow the link in Nobbly's Big Links forum, and got to Phill's download site, you can download a version of Multiprog and the relevant files. Is your Irdeto CAM a Freecam?

PS. Your caps lock appears to be stuck on. ;)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Why spend the money on the Ideto CAM

Your machine does almost everything 'useful' with widely available firmware

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Thought this receiver has 2 patchable card slots...if so as channel hopper says you dont really need a cam.

P.S good guide for programming card with elvis below.

http://www.duwgati.com/ENGversie/index.htm

click on 'software' then 'programming' and then finally 'multiprog'

One thing to note is that you dont need to program the 'Internal EEprom' so just untick the box.
Lee

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Guys, thanks for the replies I only purchased the irdetto cam cos a sat install guy said i would still need one dont know yet exactly which one it is , it should arrive today. Thanks again for your help and if you dont mind if i have any probs can I come back for more help?

best regards to all,

Dentsy(simon):D

Hey the stuff just arrived but the programmer is a millenium 4 as the elvis was out of stock. How do I know what type this cam is and it came with a funcard (4), God is this really this complicated:confused

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The doors always open, others out there are more experienced with programming but I would check first that the Sammy has a firmware patch in the software

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:confused how do i find that? also just plugged in the millenium 4 to the comp have already downloaded reader & that opens up ok but cant seem to find the reader on my hardware list any suggestions please:)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Simon

It's a pity they didn't supply an Elvis as that would have been easier for most of us because we are not overly familiar with the millie. Just connect the programmer to a free hardware serial port (Com1 or Com2) and follow the instructions. Did you not get full instructions with the programmer? Anyway for 6 in 1 files on a funcard you are looking to program the flash and the eeprom.

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks jimbo for the reply, I now have the thing connected ok and it seems to be working ok. If we want to watch all available stuff on say the hotbird sat where can i get the files i need?
What are 6 in 1 files anyway? and once I have programmed the card can I use it in either of the slots in my sat receiver or will it only go in the Irdetto cam. All we want to do is get as many english speaking good programs, Films etc. We were given a card thats got ultra Blue on it & this is an original that expires in dec, Can we prog this one too?
Sorry for all the Questions matey but we all have to start somewhere dont we O-Ha,

regards
Simon

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Simon,

Essentially 6 in 1 files allow access to 6 different provider encryptions via one card. Hotbird is one satellite that transmits various different encryptions i.e. seca, viaccess, etc etc.

To be frank it may have been prudent to buy a more popular cam for you Samsung, a magic module perhaps. The first version Samsung is an excellent receiver with many capabilities. When coupled with a good cam you should be able to watch a plethora of tat:D

As for programming, software etc just keep reading all the forum posts, use the search function and have fun...after all its only a hobby:)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Simon

I agree with Pullet_Surprise, the various threads througout this site are very informative. You can obtain 6 in 1 files to program a funcard from here .

Sorry if I missed this but do you have a fully patched receiver. If it is and has an inbuilt 'global cam' then you can use that for any card, official or funcard. If not then you would probably need something like a MM as per the previous post.

Ultra Blue is an adult channel broadcasting from Hotbird between 20.00 and 02.00 GMT. The card you have been given is an official card for that channel and is NOT re-programmable. In December it will expire and you would need to get another if you wish to continue viewing. It will probably work in the Irdeto cam.

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks guys once again for the info, Slowly but surely just starting to getmy head around this now ( I think ). I dont know if the sammy 9500via ci is fully patched jimbo but someone told me yesterday that I need to locate the latest 5in1 file for my sammy & the 6in1 for the funcard, I have downloaded both & yes I think the card is all programmed ok. I still have the file for the sammy but dont know how to patch it .
Also how can I tell if the cam I have is Irdeto 1 or 2 all it says on the back isp/n;901275 rev1.0 I think the guy said it was a 2 can you help

regards,
Simon:)

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
In menu goto

4. System setup
6. System info

You need

Loader version 501
Main Software 118
Hardware version 504

To get full capabilities from the box you may need to patch the box to v118 if not done so already. To do this you need to hook sammy upto a pc or download the correct software version via your dish. Check out this site for cam info. I think your on a bum start with that irdeto cam though:(

http://www.tech-sources.com/~prgh/identify.html

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks guys for the info looks as though I am stuffed with a cam that I cant use then:mad: this is really a silly question but if I connect up my new sammy tonight to the astra sat that my digibox is norm connected too could I pick up anything extra & maybe use the genuine card for ultra blue thats if its on astra? Cos the wifes in a good mood and I wanna show her the box working prior to it being fitted with the new dish which prob looks like monday now:(

Regards,

Simon:D

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Ultra Blue is on Hotbird 13E. The cam is not useless just a bit dated, or should I say with a correctly patched samsung and 6 in 1 codes its kind of obsolete See if you can exchange/upgrade for a MM:)

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks matey I will try & swap it with the shop if its poss.The bloody guy who was supposed to install it for me aint turned up bloody great aint it you just cant get reliable people anymore, ok it was acash job but that besides the piont aint it? (sorry about the moan). What would be a rough cost for someone to supply a 90 cm dish twin lnb & install anyone know?

Anybody know anyone near Gwent who can do it?

Regards,

dentsy^-F

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Geezers, Well by this time 2mrw I will be up and running found a guy to install for me at last. I received a bit of info today but am unsure how true it is. I have been told that if I patch my sammy with multicas software, then I will still be able to use my irdeto 2 cam with a funcard & 6 in 1 files, is this correct?

If so where can I get this software by 2mrw morning? so I can download it ready for the guy to put onto the sammy.

Can someone help please :)

Regards,

Simon :-righton

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi dentsy
You can find some software for the sammy on Satdudez.You will need to join first though.

www.satdudez-forumz.com

The software is in the 'Editors + utils' Section

Lee