My Satellite Setup
technomat 9100 triax dish 1m disqu motor
My Location
durham
premire au tps au at the moment

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
not many images out for it tbh and only found one that i like juliet 006 because ur 008 beta wasn't stable at all on my receiver where as some people said it was stable

well what can you say if you get one for 109 quid its not going to be a dreambox beater

i'm going to get a dreambox too but its just the cost of them that is the problem, like the look of the dm 600 though

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
wod said:
not many images out for it tbh and only found one that i like juliet 006 because ur 008 beta wasn't stable at all on my receiver where as some people said it was stable

well what can you say if you get one for 109 quid its not going to be a dreambox beater

i'm going to get a dreambox too but its just the cost of them that is the problem, like the look of the dm 600 though

They say it will be about a year befoe its anything like the 7020.. in my humble opinion its better than the dm500 by miles..

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
its good but the software is annoying i've had random reboots, freezing up , not able to use the card slots

i nearly put it through the window i have it working now and its not going to be touched, the new ur image i think is rubbish

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
wod said:
its good but the software is annoying i've had random reboots, freezing up , not able to use the card slots

i nearly put it through the window i have it working now and its not going to be touched, the new ur image i think is rubbish

swings and roundabouts... i didnt like jul whatever and ur06 was poor. im on ur8 and have not got a single problem apart from me being too quick with the remote so it hangs ...

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
i had ur 008 beta 3 on when first got it and my motor kept going to 0 degrees and couldn't get it to decode anything once a cam emu was loaded but all ok now with juliet 006, just need to put a hard disc in it

the multiboot is working now so might just do that with memory card

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
wod said:
i had ur 008 beta 3 on when first got it and my motor kept going to 0 degrees and couldn't get it to decode anything once a cam emu was loaded but all ok now with juliet 006, just need to put a hard disc in it

the multiboot is working now so might just do that with memory card

thats the exact problem i had on ur6.. but my motor kept going to 43e that well annoyed me as i wanted to be parked on 30w.. and i had to go all the way back :(

im on ur08 beta 5 and i must say allot of bugs are gone now;;...

4everblu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dish
Technomate 1500 ci super
Technomate 9100 linux
art card
sky card
My Location
Southport UK
Just bought one myself to play around with on the advice of my brother who has been running a dbox cable which has similar set up images camds etc as the 9100. Only arrived today so I will have some fun over the weekend playing with it

newbie2linux

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
U.K.
Hi,

Am interested in buying one of these but am not sure what exactly needs to be bought in order to get up and running so to speak. Am a complete newbie to the field of Satellite TV but like the idea of this PVR box running on Linux.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guess that all of the channels are FTA or otherwise of minimal cost?.

Thank you.

pmiller056

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview + FTA Sat 28.2, 19.2 & 13.0E
My Location
Glasgow
I've tried to find a user manual on the net to find out a bit more before I part with my cash, but nothing doing - Can someone point me in the direction of a user manual in electronic (pdf) format.

What kind of hard disk does it take? IDE/Parallel ATA (flat ribbon cable), or SATA (thinner cable)?

Thanks

Peter

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
There doesn't seem to be any pdf version of the manual around. But I'd say the hard copy manual is quite good. I don't know what sort of cable the hard drive uses, as I haven't fitted one. But I've installed multi-boot on it and am trying out different images. I've got mgcam123 installed on Juliet 006 and its getting most things.

Its a bit frustrating that the box hasn't got the maturity of the dreambox but thats half the fun trying things out.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
the tm9100 uses ide hard drives i've put a 160gig samsung one in mine

das

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TATASky, Dish TV, Fortecstar, Technomate Super 9100
Ph. 9868771314/9013286689
My Location
New Delhi - India
Is there any distributor who cand send me the TM9100 here in India. I have contacted the wizardsatellite and they dont ship in India. Any alternate solution can anyone give me

aadham

Reaction score
My Location
Amman - Jordan
If you can't find anyone, you can always check e*ay

peter24160

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lemon30
My Location
France
wod said:
the tm9100 uses ide hard drives i've put a 160gig samsung one in mine
could you please tell me is that 2.5 or 3.5 I am new to this HD stuff

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
its the 3.5inch type as the cradle in the receiver is for 3.5 inch drives but i'm sure a 2.5 would work if you can secure it inside the receiver some how

trygveth

Reaction score
Hi! If owner's of the TM-9100 don't study all the info on alsat it's not likely anyone will fully understand it ! The TM-9100 info on alsat is very helpful ! Newest firmware , UR9beta2 is downloadable after you have registrated as a "bete-tester". There's a lot of pdf files that describes the details for operating the TM-9100 also.
The ur0beta2 firmware is much more stable than Juliet and earlier UR's.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's probably one of the things that I like about it least (apart from it being a poor and fiddly copy of a Dreambox), it really isn't open source like the Dreambox, as everything only seems to be available from one commercially based site.

EDW

Reaction score
I bought one a week ago and it's been an absolute nightmare.

I got the MMC running with various images and then it decided not to mount the MMC and so I did the MMC format thing again but failed. You need a prog. called iBoot and it is rubbish. It gives error messages in french.

So I am running UR 09 beta 2 from the flash have followed the instructions on Alsat to add the emu (Mgcam?) and Satan Keybundle but it still didn't clear Prem. Perhaps I need to add something else but can't be bothered for now. Haven't tried to clear TPS or anything else, don't dare move the dish.

Diseq 1.2 motor, it kept going to the east for no reason and when you use the move dish button it would go miles rather than something sensible like one a two degrees at a time so you have to use fine move button which moves about 1/10 of a degree so it takes ages and when you find at the right position it sometimes will not show a signal in the stength bar so you keep moving the dish thinking you are not there yet, it drives you abso. mental to keep going up the ladder to look at the motor.

Dreambox edit (a fine prog.) you send a chanell list to it and it says it has recd. it but when you reboot it is not there.

Network problems - fixed the ip address in the box and then reserved that on my netgear router, sometimes it finds it sometimes it doesn,t. Need to have DCHP box not ticked but still very iffy.

Remote control is nice but if you move around the screen too much it freezes.

£109 down the drain for now. Perhaps will have another go in three months. Shame cos the picture quality is excellent on RGB and tuner v. sensitive.

Luckily my backup patched box is working fine or I would have gone mental but I need a box that will work with DigiAlb card which my box won't do so perhaps use TM1900 for DigiAlb only for now and leave it until the bugs have been ironed out.

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.2M Fibo looking between 45E - 60W, TM9100 Receiver running EDG-Nemesis 3.2 in flash
My Location
Wolverhampton
EDW said:
I bought one a week ago and it's been an absolute nightmare.

I got the MMC running with various images and then it decided not to mount the MMC and so I did the MMC format thing again but failed. You need a prog. called iBoot and it is rubbish. It gives error messages in french.

So I am running UR 09 beta 2 from the flash have followed the instructions on Alsat to add the emu (Mgcam?) and Satan Keybundle but it still didn't clear Prem. Perhaps I need to add something else but can't be bothered for now. Haven't tried to clear TPS or anything else, don't dare move the dish.

Diseq 1.2 motor, it kept going to the east for no reason and when you use the move dish button it would go miles rather than something sensible like one a two degrees at a time so you have to use fine move button which moves about 1/10 of a degree so it takes ages and when you find at the right position it sometimes will not show a signal in the stength bar so you keep moving the dish thinking you are not there yet, it drives you abso. mental to keep going up the ladder to look at the motor.

Dreambox edit (a fine prog.) you send a chanell list to it and it says it has recd. it but when you reboot it is not there.

Network problems - fixed the ip address in the box and then reserved that on my netgear router, sometimes it finds it sometimes it doesn,t. Need to have DCHP box not ticked but still very iffy.

Remote control is nice but if you move around the screen too much it freezes.

£109 down the drain for now. Perhaps will have another go in three months. Shame cos the picture quality is excellent on RGB and tuner v. sensitive.

Luckily my backup patched box is working fine or I would have gone mental but I need a box that will work with DigiAlb card which my box won't do so perhaps use TM1900 for DigiAlb only for now and leave it until the bugs have been ironed out.
I've had my 9100 for about 4 weeks and my experiences appear to be almost the opposite of yours. Running UR009, in the flash, along with UR009B2 and Juliet 009 on mmc thru iboot. I've never had error messages from it, just as well, I can't understand french.

Mgcam and satans auto key downloader work fine and all the usual Prem. Digi+, Kaka, T*S all clear with the minimum of fuss.

Usals performs fine, the only glitch I get here is - the box will sometimes ask me to wait while it moves to a satellite I'm already on after changing channel.

I used DreamSet to transfer and edit my channel list (I used captains btw).

Networked a dream, my network is completly fixed ip so the 9100 slotted nicely into it with the next available address. I stream both from 9100 to pc and pc to 9100, the latter allows me to select and watch .avi films stored on my pc (up in the attic) on the tv 2 floors down via 9100.

The darn thing will even give me a 5 day weather forcast.

My 9100 is never off and in constant use aswell.

I'm afraid my TM1500 won't be coming out of hiding anytime soon..