New Lnb changer

femi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Irte 2.4m (C-Ku-band), Laminas 1.8m (Ka-Ku-C-band), a lot of other small dishes, terrestrical antennas and receivers
My Location
Lower Austria
Hi my name is Andrea; I interested to a lnb changer for my Prodelin 1,8 mt with this lnb configuration:
- 2 KU LNBf (one linear, one circular)
- 2 Cband: one Linear & one circular,
- 1 KA

The first problem is the availability of the engines.

With an engine without conversion and modification, the ± 72° should be possible.
Because of the large feeds, a 36° pitch is recommended for the C band and 24° for all others.
With a 60-36-0-36-60 division, 5 LNBs are possible, but the weight is more symmetrically distributed.
At 72-36-0-24-48-72 you have 6 choices with more unbalanced load.

Since I wanted more options, I initially had the idea of rotating the rotor disc by 180°.
However, this requires absolute accuracy when tightening, which is hardly possible.
I decided to turn a non-twisting version out of one piece.
This involved high material costs, 70% of which ended up in metal containers, and an extremely high amount of work.
Nothing worked here without a divider board. It gets very tricky with the cables and standard LNBs that have holes in the plastic housing should not have the cable pointing upwards, at least not when it rains.

Das erste Problem ist die Verfügbarkeit der Motoren

Mit einem Motor ohne Umbau und Modifizierung sollten die ± 72° möglich sein.
Für das C-Band ist wegen der großen Feeds eine 36° Teilung empfehlenswert, 24° für alle anderen.
Bei einer 60-36-0-36-60 Teilung sind 5 LNBs möglich, dafür ist das Gewicht symetrischer verteilt.
Bei 72-36-0-24-48-72 hast du 6 Möglichkeiten, mit mehr unsymetrischer Last.

Da ich mehr Möglichkeiten wollte, hatte ich erst die Idee die Rotorscheibe um 180° zu drehen.
Das bedingt aber eine absolute Genauigkeit beim fest schrauben, was kaum gelingt.
Ich entschloss mich eine verdreh-sichere Variante aus einem Stück zu drehen.
Hohe Materialkosten, wovon 70% im Metallcontainer landen, und extrem hoher Arbeitsaufwand war damit verbunden.
Ohne Teiler-Platine ging hier nichts mehr. Mit den Kabeln wird es dann sehr heikel und Standard-LNBs welche Löcher im Plastikgehäuse haben, sollten mit dem Kabel auch nich nach oben stehen, zumindest nicht bei Regen.
example_1.jpg