Manhattan Plaza st550,
1.2m prodelin offset dish,
12in jack/echostar polar mount,
invacom c120 lnb/channel master feedhorn
My Location
The Debatable Lands
Channel Hopper said:
Only one said that removing polarisers helped the situation
The best way is feedhorn/poloriser/lnb, i know that, but under the circumstances and as i know the feedhorn/poloriser dave04321 is talking about, as far as im concerned, the feedhorn/c120 voltage switcher is the simplest cheapest solution, which i can compare from experience, his set up had a magnetic poloriser you had to take it to bits and clean the condensation out regularly, try finding one of them now,and a note to everybody if your triple band set up is working well DO NOT REMOVE THE POLORISER,if your poloriser dies you can replace with a one of the mechanical veriety, if the lnb dies then it may be time for a rethink.

dave04321

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ADIPVia
1.2m & Inverto 23mm 0.4db
I'm working on the assumption that the all in one 23mm MTI lnb is sufficiently new enough compared to the 10yr+ lnb/polariser/feedhorn/condensation setup I have now, that I will notice a significant improvement.
If I don't, well, it's cheap enough not to worry too much and I can then go for the c120/feedhorn setup.

M1JWR

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza st550,
1.2m prodelin offset dish,
12in jack/echostar polar mount,
invacom c120 lnb/channel master feedhorn
My Location
The Debatable Lands
* Dave, in the year 2000 i had a desicion to make, any digital receivers that can cater for a poloriser can only cater for mechanical ones, your set up like mine has a magnetic one, i thought i'll try a voltage switcher, as i had a different feedhorn by that time anyway, so i bought a cambridge c120 0.7db and bolted it to the feedhorn, it was as good if not slightly better than the echostar lnb which at 0.9db was sh*t hot in 1995, the echostar was £99 quid then not counting the feed/poloriser, i think the echostar unit was about £40 then, lots of condensation later in which i had to take it apart and wipe it out once a week if i was lucky, it headed for the bin, mag polorisers were regarded as generally better than mechanical ones in those days, i think the irte mag poloriser was about £35 and the feedhorn was £25, as i say that cured the condensation problem, but a digital box in the year 2000 forced a re think,i could recomend u get a feed and a new mechinical poloriser, but what if your lnb died at a later time, hmmm do i buy another one for ton+ or an invacom voltage switcher for £30 quid, which out performes the echostar totally, this applies to dave as i have the same set up and is what i did as the years went by.