new look forum

mikk

Reaction score
Somebody has spent a lot of time 'improving' the aesthetics of sat.co; you've made it worse! If it works, leave it alone. Please can we have the old easy to use, see, navigate and practical look back. What do you think?

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Use the skin selection at the bottom of the page to select classic grey and you'll get the old look back :)

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
im impressed with this new look.keep up the good work

TWAG

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
mikk, if you want to keep classic grey as the default, you can select it in your user cp.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
jimbo said:
mikk, if you want to keep classic grey as the default, you can select it in your user cp.

Must admit that's what I've done, don't like "new look" one bit, far to small and makes the forum hard to follow.
But at least it's better than the FROG.
:-lan2

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Thanks for info,have gone back to Classic look.
Now if only I could remove the logos,clocks, wooshing red banners,what's coming next messages,voiceovers etc messages on my TV screen.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Milkybarkid said:
Thanks for info,have gone back to Classic look.
Now if only I could remove the logos,clocks, wooshing red banners,what's coming next messages,voiceovers etc messages on my TV screen.
Rolf wrote this a couple of weeks ago regarding our banners.

Rolf said:
Unfortunately the idea of the banners is to generate revenue, so putting them where they are less likely to be seen defeats the purpose somewhat. ;)

I don't actually consider that our top page banner is too obtrusive, there is only one and it rotates between the different advertisers, on many sites almost the top 25% of the page is dedicated to advertisers.

I would also add that we would prefer that people do not block out the banners when at home, as they help pay for the site.

If it's a problem at work then you could use ad blocking software or another browser like Firefox.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I was referring to banners and graffiti on my TV like the red dot.

I don't mind the banners etc on this site.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Milkybarkid said:
I was referring to banners and graffiti on my TV like the red dot.

I don't mind the banners etc on this site.
Ok I understand mate but no harm in repeating what Rolf said. :)