New Mega Fun Card !!!

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
A new Mega Fun Card has been released which contains a AT Mega 161 and Eeprom 24C64.

Don't know any more than that for the mo.......

I haven't seen any files for it yet but i'm sure we will.

You can find it at http://www.satarmy.de

More to come..........

nobbly :+

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs Nobbly, if the cards get any bigger you'll be able to store the films on them, instead of just decrypting. :)

Rolf

C

Cardman

Maybe you should look at say the DS9 firmware and see how much of the capacity of the Silver card is actually used.

As the Gold card has been fine for years, then something with 8 times the firmware capacity needs an exceptionally large and wasteful firmware to fill it.

Even DS9 supporting multiple systems cannot achieve that.

Cardman.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just ordered a couple of the cards from Sat Army Nobbly, you can read the spec, or download it from http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc1228.pdf

It's supposed to be used with the new X-sat 3in1 file for any cam....worth a try, got the file, getting the cards. :)

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 16-Jan-02 AT 08:50 PM (GMT)]Exactly that Dinu, now whether it will actually decrypt 3 separate encryptions is a different matter. That is however what it is purported to do.

Lifted from Sat-2000.com
A new real 3in1 card solution has been released by the X-CARD TEAM . The new software is designed for use with an ATMEL 8535 +256K eeprom. The software works as the normal 3in1 type in Irdeto cams but also works in individual cams ie Seca cam/Via cam . When inserted in the correct cam the card can auto-update if the correct management keys are present . Basically the XCARD will do everything a PC emulator can do but all in the smartcard

So it appears to be designed to act as an emulator. But imagine if you have two cams, it will if put on a second card decrypt both.

Rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Wait a minute.... Something is unclear

The mega Fun card has the AT Mega 161 and Eeprom 24C64
The Funcard 3 has the AT90S8515 and Eeprom 24C128

So where is the Funcard with 256K Eeprom ?

While writing this post I found a Funcard 3 with a 256K Eeprom here:
http://www.electronicasuiza.com/textos/es_entrada.html

Found this card which is interesting. Called a Tarjeta UNIVERSAL 256k :http://test.todoelec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=61&PHPSESSID=6ee05ddaadd096326d8b6cc5f4ecaced

I have a Bad head. LOL

nobbly :+

Dinu

Reaction score
I have a bad case of confusion myself! :) Let me see is I get this clear. I can decrypt irdeto, via and seca using only 1 seca cam??? If so why bother buying an allcam??? Has anyone tested this yet???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, that's what I thought they meant when I first heard, what it really means is that you can use one card for the three different cams, which is not quite as good, but still not bad.

rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You're not the only one tht's confuse dNobbly, I've ordered a couple of the Mega Fun cards, but I seem to rememberfrom the spec that they mention 512k memory, is this perhaps the internal EEprom?

Rolf

PS. The Fun3s are not in stock on the first link you mention.