stinkyparp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTE MAXIMAL IRD 420 RECEIVER
TELEVES 80cm DISH AND LNB
My Location
gran canaria
hi everyone, im new to the forum and was looking for some advice(sorry!),
i have gained (from my father in law) a fte ird 420 box,which im trying to set up on a televes 80cm disc and universal lnb, in an apartment in gran canaria.
the system was bought through a guy here (who ripped us off) so im trying to set it up myself.
the questions are:
1 is the box any good
2 originally the box was set on a dual lnb set up for hotbird/astra 19.2 ( on an fte dish 1.2m i think) and just to test before buying anything im going to only astra 19.2 is the dish big enough for reception of astra (and maybe hotbird)?.
3 the box is was patched by the installer i guess (he never told us it illegal!) but at its last site (my father in laws ) we started to lose the premium channels (mainly the multiview stuff and eurosport i think) can it be patched again? and if so how and where?

4 i would also be glad of any installation adivice i could get!

thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum stinkyparp

Well it may be that someone has patched it previously but you are not giving any details regarding messages displayed when booting thus nobody will be able to help you unless they have exactly the same model which by the way is not listed here or indeed here. Unless you have ommitted to post some information. I am curious as to why you think you were ripped off as I would have thought the installer would be the best person to contact to reflash if that is what you want to do.

As regards installation, obviously you need to have a general southern facing location without obstructions i.e. trees buildings etc. You do not mention how you intend mounting the dish will this be a ground mount, wall mount or tripod on the veranda?

stinkyparp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTE MAXIMAL IRD 420 RECEIVER
TELEVES 80cm DISH AND LNB
My Location
gran canaria
okay thanks, i think ive put the right name down(i did find the box on the site you showed) the box is an FTE MAXIMAL IRD 420.
the last guy ripped us off really because he never explained how the system would be patched (and he never comes back to do it!) what channels we would get and said we would get a lot more than we did).and broke the roof putting it in.
im not sure what i need to look for in terms of download info.

the dish will be mounted on a wall (which faces directly south) on a veranda which faces directly east