Just Sharing This New meter ordered :)

Nagusia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 0p150 with single Inverto Black Ultra plugged into Humax FOXSAT HDR | Portable 80 cm dish with IBU plugged into TechniSat SkyStar USB HD DVB-S2 receiver/W7 64 Media Center / ProgDVB setup.
My Location
20 km south of San Sebastian N Spain
Captain,
I've had my satlook lite for three years or so. I mainly use it to align a portable dish I carry around with my caravan at the weekends so it gets quite a bit of use. Like you I am not really satisfied with the battery performance - in fact you definitely need to have an external power source for any serious tweaking. After a fair number of charge cycles the batteries don't hold their charge any longer. I've just replaced them with some Sony NHAAB4FN (Ni-Mh AA 1.2 volts, 2.700 mAH) which I found on Amazon. They have a higher amp rating than the Emitor original batteries. My initial impression is that they last for longer.

Last edited:

Nagusia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 0p150 with single Inverto Black Ultra plugged into Humax FOXSAT HDR | Portable 80 cm dish with IBU plugged into TechniSat SkyStar USB HD DVB-S2 receiver/W7 64 Media Center / ProgDVB setup.
My Location
20 km south of San Sebastian N Spain
Update for you Captain. I've left it on for an hour and the batteries are still going strong. That little battery icon in the top right-hand corner on 'Simple Search' is still fully black and in the 'Info' section it still reads 9.6 v. Conclusion: the emitor AA batteries the unit comes with are crap, which begs the question of why they would cut corners on the power supply when it's otherwise a pretty decent bit of kit.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Thanks for that. I think the biggest drain is when you use it to power the LNB. Polarity matters too... It will use up batteries quicker tuned in to a horizontal polarity at 18 volts than vertical at 13 volts. And forget driving the motor...that will drain the battery even quicker. But certainly worth investing in better batteries.

marcoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not yet bought
My Location
spain
Captain jack if you had £150 for a meter which would you choose and why, for me sat look, satlink or fs1, but can you get the fs1 for £150.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Like I said, I don't get on with Satlook Lite (I am selling mine) so it would be a FS1. It has a faster lock and shows SNR levels before a lock is obtained. However, it doesn't drive a motor or has DiSEqC switching (Satlook does)... so it depends on what you want from your meter.