New Motorola Blackberry-a-like revealed

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola, Motorola, Motorola…where did it all go wrong? The Razr was great, granted, but only because it was thin. You needed to make something equally as amazing…and you haven't yet.

Which is why it is sad the leak of the new Q9 isn't as exciting as it might have been; instead, it's a look to see if the device will be good enough to re-raise the Motorola handset brand.

Sacre bleu

Codenamed Napoleon (as in the French leader, not the multi-flavour ice cream), it's a Windows 6.1 device with a fingerprint scanner on the back for security (a nice touch).

Quad-band EDGE makes it a properly worldwide phone, and can even work on multiple carriers in the US, according to BGR.

It has a standard 2MP camera, 320x240 resolution screen and WiFi for those days when GSM just doesn't cut it. Woo.

Apparently everything seemed to be all present and shipshape through initial usage, which for a business phone is what you want it to do really.

So it may not be the phone to re-launch Motorola, not by a long way, but it should help more than keep it afloat for now.

mf.gif

More...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The Feedster said:
Codenamed Napoleon (as in the French leader, not the multi-flavour ice cream),

mf.gif
More...

Gadzooks I always thought the ice cream was Neapolitan :-doh!:-doh!:-doh!:-doh!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, well it is from a tech journalist, didn't cover foreign names at uni'. :-rofl2