"New Multiprog2000"

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Does anyone know if this programmer is a good one? I know it is new but I am sure someone must be using it. I need to programme silver / fun cards.

Thanks

Pixey

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs, now you've done it Pixey, Nobbly will have to go out and get one now. :)

I hadn't even heard that it was available.

Rolf

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Hi Rolf, Astratech (satelliteonline.net) £89 inc 2 cards.

Pixey

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Unless there is a new version that has just been released, this programmer has been around for a while now.(remember seeing it in April)
According to the spec of the Multiprog2000 it's one cool programmer.
Programs Goldcards in 18 seconds, Funcards in 30 seconds and doesn't need an external power supply.
Must also say that it looks very well built and looks very cool.
You get what you pay for and near £90 is a lot.

Forgetting the speed the VxMulti2 Lite with Vx4Fun Upgrade fitted
can program all of todays cards at only £60. But you will need a external power supply.

Yes I would like one but No I'm not changing my VXmulti. Even if it's slower I'm happy.......

nobbly :+

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like a nice unit Nobbly, but as you say, it should be as its not cheap.

Rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Seems like they have changed the case colour. Before it was a white case with a black center piece. Now it's a black case with a white center piece. Also looks smaller in size.
Maybe the software has improved too.

Worked out that it's so fast you could program 1,051,200 cards in one year this includes time to change cards and load software.

nobbly :+

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Thanks Nobbley for the advice.

Pixey

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Can anyone recomend a value for money programmer that is well supported, straightforward to use and is good for programming all the popular cards - silver, fun, etc...

pixey

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Pixey

I use the quite popular Elvis programmer which will program most cards. Ad-Teknik (the makers) have produced good software and are actively engaged in writing more for it. You can use a 9v DC power supply or a single 9volt battery. The good thing is that you can leave the battery in when the programmer is not in use as it switches out the power.

It's available here http://www.cardman.com/programmers.html
or many other places. Good luck

Jimbo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Thanks lads, it seems to be a lot of programmer for not too much money.

pixey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well certainly many many thousand of users swear by it and I'm sure many Satellite TV executives swear at it ;)

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Do you know if it is "better" than the vx4fun programmer??

pixey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, its not better, I believe that at the moment it doesn't program all of the available fun cards, which the VX can, although it is believed that software is soon to be available.

Having said that, it probably programs the ones that you are likely to use and I'm not sure without checking whether it performs with more "other" cards.

BillyBits

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Liverpool
If anyone is thinking of buying the Multiprog 2000 be aware that the programmer gets its voltage from the PS2 port.
I purchased one and it would not work with my IBM laptop.
I tried it on another make of laptop and it did work very successfully. The laptop problem is know about.
I am now using the standard Multiprog which is an Elvis.
This users either a 9 volt battery or a mains adapter and works fine with my IBM laptop.
Best software I've found for it is Multiprog.

Bill