New "polls" forum added!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes it is true!
Another new forum!
All polls will now be in a single easy-to-access place.

Only moderators & administrators can add polls, but everyone should vote!

2old

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Please don't go down this route :-)

A poll is a pole: it should not be exclusive to anyone.

I understand the 'Evening Standard', or 'SKY News' doing a poll - but, they are a newspaper and News channel respectively: they set their own agenda.

What's it to be - News Group, or, News Corp ?

Have Fun,

Mark.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
We're not doing anything sinister, not going down any path!
It is simply standard practise on most (all?) boards that only moderators or admin can post polls. It's just one of those more infrastructural-type items that are better administered rather than left to themsleves. Others include the definition of forums, or the ability to delete someone else's posts. In fact the very existance of moderators is another example. Does the use of mods on this board mean that we are operating as a "News Corp."??

If we didn't impose some structure and rules, the board may well revert to the anarchy and nonsense typically found on Usenet.

Let's see what others have to say on this.
In fact, let's poll!

2old

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
A week after your post - LOL :-)

I have taken on-board everything you said.

I only said "don't go down this route", because, when the site had its toybox topped-up, even I had the chance to post-a-poll :-) Its a fun thing - an family affair. Some things don't have to be controlled.

I understand the use/need for mods and I was not suggesting the site's latest move is 'sinister'. God bless.

However, whether it is normal practice to control polls on other sites is irrelevant. This site breaks-ground by being different.

Its civilised: and moderation has proved effectual. I enjoy spending money being here!

It will never become a Newsless Group/UselessNet thanks to its mods :-)

Have Fun,

Mark.