New receiver recommendations

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Hi guys, so as I mentioned in a previous thread I had to shell out for a replacement box on the run up to Xmas as my Xtrend died with less than 2 years under its belt. I bought the Mutant HD51 for £150 on the old PayPal credit as I was rooked, I don't like the way it performs with channel demodulation after moving the dish, the delay is truly awful and seeing as this receiver is at least 18 months old as a model then I think it's safe to say the driver issue is not getting fixed out the blue now. So what I'm needing is a twin tuner receiver with UHD support and internal HDD support also E2 on board with decent team support. Price wise I'm talking about £150-£200 for it bare bones, i.e. no supplied HDD as I will supply my own . So there you have it, any recommendations? Cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Are you looking for a 4K model, that can handle DVB-S2x, blindscan, etc.., or a basic receiver?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Are you looking for a 4K model, that can handle DVB-S2x, blindscan, etc.., or a basic receiver?

Just normal tuners mate, true blindscan on E2 ? Lol, basic mate, so disappointed with the channel change of the Mutant, oh CI+ would be a great bonus as I'm going to be after a Canal+ sub.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I've read differing reports, regarding CI+, even the VU+ seems to handle it, depending on the image used, but they're quite expensive.
I'm enjoying my older VU+ Duo2, but find that I now use it more for viewing Kodi than satellite, and reports are that the blind scan isn't the best.
I'll have a look at some other forums, where I'm a member, to see if anyone is praising other E2 receivers, that suit your needs.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I've read differing reports, regarding CI+, even the VU+ seems to handle it, depending on the image used, but they're quite expensive.
I'm enjoying my older VU+ Duo2, but find that I now use it more for viewing Kodi than satellite, and reports are that the blind scan isn't the best.
I'll have a look at some other forums, where I'm a member, to see if anyone is praising other E2 receivers, that suit your needs.

The laugh about this was there was a previous HD only model of the Mutant brand that supported the CI+ standard, I think it was only officially on the factory image OpenPl? Anyway I heard you can emulate the Conax CI+ cam in OScam but I don't fancy spending £200 on a 12 months sub to find this is no longer the case.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Which package do you have in mind?
Looking around it seems reasonably quiet, regarding new receivers, with a few sticking with their old receivers, waiting for new models, to be released.
I thought you'd found the best model, with the Mutant HD 51, a 4K receiver, at a good price, that seemed to do all my VU+ Duo2 could do, and more, even Analoguesat seemed convinced to try one, it's just a shame about the lack of support, and the problems you've found.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
The laugh about this was there was a previous HD only model of the Mutant brand that supported the CI+ standard, I think it was only officially on the factory image OpenPl? Anyway I heard you can emulate the Conax CI+ cam in OScam but I don't fancy spending £200 on a 12 months sub to find this is no longer the case.
CI+ is not as straightforward as it appears in any E2 receivers. At the moment it appears to be software/driver issues. On my Gigablue sometimes it works and sometimes not, despite all the Neotin/Fransat being approved.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hd51 is indeed annoying with it satellite hopping issue but very old images (before Dec 2016?) don't have this bug. Have you tried them?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Hd51 is indeed annoying with it satellite hopping issue but very old images (before Dec 2016?) don't have this bug. Have you tried them?

No I haven't mate, I would not have thought to try such an old image on the box to be honest.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Which package do you have in mind?
Looking around it seems reasonably quiet, regarding new receivers, with a few sticking with their old receivers, waiting for new models, to be released.
I thought you'd found the best model, with the Mutant HD 51, a 4K receiver, at a good price, that seemed to do all my VU+ Duo2 could do, and more, even Analoguesat seemed convinced to try one, it's just a shame about the lack of support, and the problems you've found.

The Polish one, I used to have the Cyfra+ prepaid cards which where just Nagra I think, also had the Polsat CAM & card matched packages but they were just "normal" CAM's back then, they were paired together but not of the CI+ standard that came later.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Polsat cards can be bought with RSA and box keys to put into oscam, so you don't even need a CAM.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Polsat cards can be bought with RSA and box keys to put into oscam, so you don't even need a CAM.

Jack mate I don't know of a reputable dealer for Polsat, Satsklep.pl used to do Polsat a long time back but they dropped it and just done Cyfra+ after that. Which has became a CI+ card of the Conax flavour.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I do know of one enthusiast who got his Fransat card working on his old VU+ Duo using Oscam and the receivers card reader.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I use Kamsat - eBay item number 162644162578. Good service.

Thanks for the link Captain Jack, have seen that shop on there before whilst looking for something else, a recommendation is always a great help with any goods or services. Looks like my Mutants ex $ky HD box hard disk has went to silicone heaven (Wee Red Dwarf reference for you chaps) my week has been total s##t since Friday there honestly......