new receiver

live2dmax

Reaction score
Hi ,
I have a technomate 5500d with a motorised system and I`m thinking to upgrade the sys. to a more performant sys .Please can anybody give me some advice.
Many thanks!
icon7.gif

georgia_grrl

Reaction score
what ar eyou looking for in your system? wat peopel will recommend needs more info than "more performant system"

are you looking for faster channel changes, more channel memory, ability to take more cards, more cams, run a 36v motor, run a diseqc motor, get analogue and digital, do you want it to record, do you want to be able to save your recordings to a pc.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
georgia_grrl said:
what are you looking for in your system? what people will recommend needs more info than "more performant system"

are you looking for faster channel changes, more channel memory, ability to take more cards, more cams, run a 36v motor, run a diseqc motor, get analogue and digital, do you want it to record, do you want to be able to save your recordings to a pc.
Go get him tiger and good luck in the morning. Be methodical, take your time, especially up that ladder.

Sorry live2dmax, georgia_grrl is correct there is insufficient information about your expectations and requirements of your current system to be able to answer. If you ask a precise question you will be inundated with precise answers.

live2dmax

Reaction score
I want some advice about a receiver wich can give access (using cam ) to movie channels and scrambled channels as well.At the moment my 5500 d technomate is driving a diseq motor and a 1.1dish.I want to keep the dish and the motor and change the receiver for a one with cam.Sorry but I don`t have to many knowledge about satellite systems.Thanks 4 ur time

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well live2dmax
Do you have specific requirements, any particular channels you want to watch or languages you want to hear. Since most new digital receivers are DISEqC 1.2 compliant there should be no problems matching a new receiver to your existing dish and motor, but unless you are more specific about which satellites or what specific channels you want to watch then progress may be limited. I do not personally have much digital receiver knowledge as I am an analogue convert but there are many on this forum who do. Really if you have not already I suggest you set yourself a budget first of all....... or is money no object???