new recorder prob's

pandashoe

Reaction score
just got my first DVD recorder it's a akai adr-5800di model, so it's a dual recorder it records in both R- & R+ so i bought some DVD-RW discs from dixons took them home, then started to play with me new toy only to find it was'nt recording proply, it was playing a bit then freezing then jumping forward to the next chapter and sometimes missing the first 5 min's of a recording, so i took it back and got a brand new recoder but that did the same, i now think it's the discs. does this recoder like to use DVD+ discs better than DVD- discs? or is it cos i've bought cheep ones from dixons?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If both recorders are doing the same - it sounds like you're correct with the problem disks.

Try and get hold of Ritek 'purple die' disks - or +.

If the uderside of the disks from Dixons don't look very dark in colour then chances are they're the problem. Take them back and explain - get them to give you another lot as replacements.

You can get the single 4.7 gig disks cheap now - may be best stick with them.

Personally I haven't had a problem with the + disks but have had several bad batches of the - (all have been replaced without question.

pandashoe

Reaction score
thanks m8 i'll do just that tomorrow but it's a shame cos there's been lots of good films to record latey

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
pandashoe said:
there's been lots of good films to record latey

If they were on S*y then rest assured they will be repeated - again - and again - and again ---- you get my point!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
If they were on S*y then rest assured they will be repeated - again - and again - and again ---- you get my point!
And you forgot
again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,again,and maybe again.