New Satellite System

Raskall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
need to buy
My Location
England
Hello guys, I currently only have a standard sky digital sat system. I am looking to buy a satellite system which will allow me to get channels from around europe but dont have a clue what to buy.

The main thing I need the system for is Golf coverage but it will generally be for all sports. (usa golf coverage if possible)

From what i read the Technomate 1500ci looks a good reciever .. is it ? and do i need it motorised to get more golf/sport ?

I would be greatful for any help with ideas for my setup ....thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Get yourself a motorised dish, it will get you more of everything. :)

Raskall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
need to buy
My Location
England
I dont mean to be a pain rolfw but could you advise a system ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Very difficult, mainly because there is so much equipment around and all doing similar things with similar results. The Technomate has been well hyped and is no doubt a good receiver with quite good support, but it isn't the best (well not in my opinion).

If you are good with computers and understand home networks and FTP, then you perhaps ought to consider something more sophisticated such as the Dreambox or Triple Dragon.

You would do well to spend a couple of weeks going through the various sections, as there is an awful lot to consider. :)