New scanning receiver.

C

clarke belt

We are all very keen to watch as much good TV entertainment as possible whilst paying as little as possible, and thats why the information which can be gleaned from these forums is so popular to point us in the right direction.

I obviously feel the same, but satellite is also a hobby for me where searching for unlisted and rare signals can be very exciting but as most of these transmissions have now migrated to digital its become an even greater challenge.

Nearly all digital receivers have a pre-programmed data base containing all the well known and popular frequencies and a scan on a particular satellite will find and download them,any extra channels beyond that need to be keyed in manually which with all the parameters required can be a long job.

The manufactures of these units are really only interested in normal viewing and dont normally build in the ability to scan and find everything needed to store every channel on every satellite within range,which the true DXer needs.

A receiver that can do this needs to automatically look for and store Frequency, polarity, Symbol rate, Fec, Vidio PID, Audio PID, Pcr PID, and it must look for every one of those in 5MHz steps meaning it misses nothing.

This of course takes a lot longer than an ordinary scan and you could for instance pick a very busy satellite and leave the set scanning all night and find a possible 50 channels you didn't even know existed.

This has always been a pipe dream with DX fanatics until now with the release of a new receiver by a company called'Neveling' and the model is Europa 2000CI

It has of course got all the usual goodies that we expect on our receivers like twin cams, 3000 channels, DiSEqC 1.2, 1500 to 45000 symbol rate range, and for further info on this scanning receiver go to
http://www.neveling.de

clarke belt

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 13-Mar-01 AT 08:22 PM (GMT)[/font][p]not quite a pipe-dream until now...

this "band-scan" Neveling receiver has actually been available for the best part of a year (at least, it was reviewed in the april/may-2000 edition of TeleSatelliet International (TSI)

Note also: the AMT Sat cruiser DSR-301CI and the RSD ODM300 & 302 series also offer a half-way solution (full scan of all possible symbol-rates for a given frequency)

2old

C

clarke belt

I bet that clever reply really made you feel good if are
'too old' then you should know better when someone is trying to help the input to the forum.

GOODBYE. clarke belt.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
eh?
Did I say something wrong?
I'm not trying to be clever or anything else, just providing some additional relevant information!
That's what this board is for!!
It would be a real shame if you left since I was very pleased with your other postings on this board.

2old