New setup please help!

smokin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi,
i am totally new to this but im moving to a new house and want to order a system ready to set up when i get there.

I know i want a dreambox 7020 and i want a motorised dish. It may not be possible for me to mount the dish on the house itself so i may need to use some kind of tripod stand in the garden. The main objective is to get access to all the ART sports channels and sky channels.

Can someone give me some definitive advice on what the best equipment i should buy is ? including dish, motor, stand, motor controller unit, and anything else i may need.

Also if i try to do it all myself, do i need some compass or something to position the dish or does it do it itself ? And does the motor for the dish need a seperate power line or can it be powered from some other device and go down a single cable ?

Any information would be really appreciated and sorry for my ignorance on this subject.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
First have a look at this sticky thread it will give you a good idea of what is needed.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Yep,that's the guide i used:-righton
Not sure about receiving all the Sly channels?But there's much better viewing out there than whats on Sly;)

blaise10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 X 1.8 m dishes, C & Ku Band (5W, 64E, 68.5E, 72.5E, 78E)
My Location
Northern Tanzania (Kilimanjaro), East Africa
Smokin, be patient and just look around, surely you'll get answers to your answers.

Blaise.