New Setup

My Satellite Setup
1m funke dish
sky digital with zone 2
My Location
Liverpool
I am going to be buying my bits over the next few weeks to setup a new satellite system. I am looking at using the following bits of kit...

Triax Dish 1.1m
Triax Multiblock Kits (3 LNBs / 1 Twin LNB & Switch)
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ Super

Hotbird 13" East
W2 16" East
Asrta 1 19.2" East

I am planning on using 3 of the spaces on the multiblock to connect to the above 3 satellites and connecting a Twin LNB to 28.2" East for Sky Digital for my Sky HD Box (I don't want a 2nd dish on the back of my house). Is this going to be possible?

What is the coverage/quality like on SuperSport Sports?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may struggle with getting 13/16/19 as they are too close together for most LNBs, it is just about possible with the ALPS bullet LNBs though.

Otherwise the setup should work.

Have a look in the Football and sport section for info about the DigitalB package. :)

My Satellite Setup
1m funke dish
sky digital with zone 2
My Location
Liverpool
Does using a multiblock compared with motor effect signal strength/quality?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you would obviously get the full benefit of the dish size with a motor on every satellite, whereas using offset LNBs, the outer LNBs will give a diminished signal. You would of course also get many more satellites with a motor, but would need a separate minidish for Sky.

My Satellite Setup
1m funke dish
sky digital with zone 2
My Location
Liverpool
Sorry to be a royal pain but when you say diminished will it still give a good signal on a dish that size? Should I get near enough 100% strangth/quality on sky digital? I get about 90% Strength/80% Quality on a zone 2.