New Sky cards are looming

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Chuckles,when you phoned the helpline did they ask you for your old card number,or your new card number,or your digibox number,or your name and postcode,so they could control somehow your new card being authorised...........brian

chuckles

Reaction score
No Dishdoctor

When I phoned helpline I got a recorded message advising that if my new card was giving a message "this card is not authorised" to remove the card, and use the old one until a message came up on screen advising us to replace it with the new card. As I said this was fine except that we appeared to 'lose' a few channels until we reset the box.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
This is very intriguing,Sky obviously know they have sent you a new card,if it is a subscription card, then they know your digibox number.Now my questions,anyone can answer!!!!! If you had not received the card,say it was lost in the post,would your digibox still have asked for the new card,Was the fact that you put the new card in the digibox,the digibox then somehow knew to refuse it at that time,but to ask for it in a couple of days,I would'nt think so or Sky would get over 6 million help line calls.Or finally was it that your post was so fast that Sky had not processed your new card into the system before you put it in the slot!..I am just thinking out loud,so any thoughts from anybody else.....................brian

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Originally posted by dishdoctor
I would'nt think so or Sky would get over 6 million help line calls.brian

Although this would be a clever way to get everybody to phone up SKY and pay their helpline fees. And with only an automated message being given, they dont have to pay staff to take the calls ;)
Wouldnt surprise me.
Methos

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
is the helpline a premium rate call.........i never thought of that!!...........Brian

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Originally posted by dishdoctor
...If you had not received the card,say it was lost in the post,would your digibox still have asked for the new card...

Yes, the box asks for the new card even if you have never tried to use a new card in it.

Got a desperate call last week from my parents who are in Spain saying that the digibox is constantly asking for a new card. The new card was amongst a pile of post behind a door in Scotland, so the digibox ‘knew’ that it was meant to have it by now.

The ‘insert new card’ message is quite annoying as is reappears every 15mins or so-

bryan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
hello all,i am living in england but i have a scottish ftv card and an english sub card,the problem is that when i put in my ftv card for the football it wont work,this only happened this week as i had it in last week and it worked okay, i haven`t been sent a new card as it is registered at my sisters address and she hasn`t recieved anything anybody any ideas? thanx

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Was the Scottish ftv card ever a subscription card that converted to ftv when the payments stopped.If so,these cards will not be replaced,as Sky assume that the subscriber is no longer using the digibox.If it was always a ftv card,then the New Software has caught up with you as your cards are not related, ie, same address as in Sky's records..............brian

bryan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
cheers dr,
one card the sub one has an english address and the other which was always an ftv card has a scottish address,how do they know where the card is as i dont have a telephone connected?
bg

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Sky know the box number that has a subscription card in it,you told them when the card was first authorised,the new software expects to find that card in the digibox,but does not expect to find the ftv card,so,probably refuses to allow it to work...................any other ideas welcome.......brian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No further ideas Brian, I think you are probably spot on there, not many people probably know the full capabilities of the new software.