HilTek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600 Viaccess (motorised)
Astra - Turksat - Hotbird
My Location
Amsterdam/Netherlands
Hey all
I've still an 'old' (?) software version of the Echostar 3600 Viaccess: v1.00. Ofcourse the written transponders of back then don't quite match the new ones, so I've to add them manually, which is rather a time consuming job.
I tried to update using the option and default parameters given in it's menu through Hotbird, but it says no new software found. Using a serial cable and the versions downloadable from the Echostar website is also no option, because nothing seems to happen (no data transfer).... and yes, I did use the correct cable, set it on the right COM poort, and also tried several matching baud rates.
I think prior updating the Echostar using a serial cable I first need to update the software to v2, or higher? And if so, are the default parameters in it's option correct? What parameters do you use???

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi HilTek,
Echostar stopped building/supporting satellite systems some time ago and so there isn't a satellite update available. You can update your receivers firmware by downloading it from their web site, the last version being a beta 1100 version, I found this version had a few bugs in it when I tried it, the sound selection kept reverting to the main provider if the other option was user, so I prefer the 1000 software.
To upgrade your receiver you need a NULL modem cable, and the software and loader from the Echostar website:
_http://www.echostareurope.com/support.htm
On the left you will see a link for Downloads, PC Software, here you can get the Echo Nav loader and the database editor.
Now click on Downloads, STB Software and the Echostar 3600 for the 1000 software.
You can find a guide to how to update your receiver in the manual, for which there is a download available.
Best wishes
Mickha

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Echostar Over The Air software updates ceased about 2-3 years ago. The only way to update the receivers now is off your computer.