New Software For DSB30 but Fault Remains

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The new software download last night was for Panasonic DSB30,and perhaps others,but the freeze ups the DSB30 digiboxes suffer from still remains................................................................................ :-lan2

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
dishdoctor said:
The new software download last night was for Panasonic DSB30,and perhaps others,but the freeze ups the DSB30 digiboxes suffer from still remains................................................................................ :-lan2

That's odd my Panny 30 seems to be ok now. Tested it quite thoroughly this morning. I'll check it again later.

Corrigap

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
When i turned my DSB30 on this morning it was on 998,Ok,other than a power cut in the night,which is not unusual!...this could be the long awaited update to cure the problem.........so i scan up 999 then 101....and the box freezes..........so no cure there then.................

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I think the weaker the signal, the more chance of a lock up,you may be borderline in Sweden,so any improvement would or could solve the problem,but here in Malaga the signal is a bit weaker than the digibox will tolerate............

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
dishdoctor said:
I think the weaker the signal, the more chance of a lock up

That is true....The same locking box performs flawlesly on a dish with full signal.

valb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Europe
I think they may have tried to improve the software. If I try for ITV3, that's only available for about 30 minutes a day, then I get the message "Not available", whereas if I try for e.g. ITV Anglia, where there is a fluctuating signal, then the box locks up.
As far as I remeber ITV3 also locked up the box before, but it's a long time ago since I tried. I usually use my FTA box to measure the signal before changing to a 2D signal on the Panasonic box.